Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Currently Present thread: announcements (present)
Information 
The Currently Present thread: announcements (present)
Occasionally I get extremely despaired at the mere thought of people still reading this forum but for whatever reasons other people think they're gone or maybe people don't even know you exist in the first place! If you are concerned that enough people aren't aware of you because:

(a) you never post anything,
(b) you only post very occasionally
© you change your username and/or avatar too frequently
(d) you're often confused for another member because your names and/or avatars are too similar
(e) you post a lot actually but you're really boring and no one reads anything you post
(f)  you keep posting to atheistforums.com by mistake
(g) you were a popular member on this forum but a mishap in the space/time continuum erased your existence
(h) you think you're just too good for us to ever post anything here
(i)  you never post because you have self-esteem issues and think no one will like you
(j)  you're a ghost
(k) you only send creepy private messages 
(l)  the evil atheist mods and admins conspire to delete every single one of your posts all containing undeniable arguments for the truth of Christianity
(m) you're a time traveler and anything you post could have a negative impact on the unfolding of human history
(n) you're trying to fool us into thinking you're dead
(o) you're an ancient monster who is only conscious and active on the day that all the planets align together in a line
(p) you're a cat
(q) you actually are really popular but it just doesn't feel like enough
®  you have actually written many hundreds of posts but you're a perfectionist and just keep them saved as drafts. Someday you'll finish them and post them all to everyone's astonishment
(s) you've been working a single post for years. Soon you will print a draft and send it off to peer review. Hopefully after that it will get published. 
(t) your keyboard is broken
(u) you haven't made an account yet
(v) you can't remember your password
(w) some of the above (vowel letters only)
(x) some of the above (letters that can be either vowels or consonants depending on context only)
(y) some of the above (consonant letters only)
(z) you spent so long reading this list that you're concerned that others think you're gone

...then let us know in this thread that you're present!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: The Currently Present thread: announcements (present)
Uhhh.....

Dang, that's a lot. But I'm here, and likely fit in somewhere on that list.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I'm not here.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm neither here nor there.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
tell me what you think you remember about me
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 6, 2017 at 11:54 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I'm neither here nor there.

Well, to be fair, the exact quote was, "Beccs, you.re not all there!"

That was my shrink.

Well, ex shrink.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 7, 2017 at 12:26 am)vorlon13 Wrote: tell me what you think you remember about me

You lost that bet and still owe me 10k!
My ignore list

(March 7, 2017 at 12:37 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 6, 2017 at 11:54 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: I'm neither here nor there.

Well, to be fair, the exact quote was, "Beccs, you.re not all there!"

That was my shrink.

Well, ex shrink.

You should've just taken your clothes off ... End of argument!

(I think I remember Vorls....... was he the guy who thought sperm was a food group?) Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I should write for BuzzFeed.
My ignore list

I like Facts., myself.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8452 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 4047 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus