Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily
Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily
Official results not yet in, but a lot of pollsters are suggesting a rather large win for centrist Emmanuel Macron over far-right Marine Le Pen in the French Presidential Election.

I'll post official news and results as it comes in.

Initial estimates have Macron with about 61% of the vote.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
RE: Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily
That was exactly what the polls predicted.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/le-...nd-macron/
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yeah this was one that, as some have aptly described it, wasn't within the margin of error. It would've been virtually impossible (well, at least quite difficult) for Le Pen to win.

I'm just glad she didn't pull a "moral" victory, signalling more momentum for European populism.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Her supporters might resort to special pleading as justification for allowing her to win regardless.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Yeah. The world hasn't gone crazy, just the English-speaking world

Darn, I was hoping Marshal Petain would win this one.
Or even Petomane . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Curious, how many of you are from Europe? I'm from the US myself. Personally I hope Le Pen wins.

Heard about the ballot tampering?

http://www.businessinsider.com/le-pen-cl...ing-2017-5

I think the establishment will do almost anything to prevent the breakup of the EU, so expect dirty tricks.
Frexit followed by Great Britain and France forming EUII would be an interesting development . . . .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 50690 April 24, 2024 at 5:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1568 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 995 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 11023 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Anyone leaving if Trump wins? onlinebiker 39 2420 October 27, 2020 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims? WinterHold 17 1299 October 27, 2020 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 796 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5352 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  IIhan Omar wins Minnesota Congressional Primary Foxaèr 0 228 August 12, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1515 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty