Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incest?
Incest?
I know this is a taboo subject, but do you believe it is wrong? Why or why not?
I do NOT want this to get heated, and I'd like to think that many of you would not judge one another on this subject (immaturity seems to be low here comparatively with other forums).

I remember that we (at Anononia's forums) discussed this briefly and many were okay with it. Not in the sense that they would personally engage in sexual congress with their sibling, but they didn't think it was wrong (as long as they were 14/15/16 or so). I tend to agree. If two siblings (say, 16 & 18) decide to experiment together, then why is it unethical? Who are we to judge?

Sometimes I wonder if teenage incest is more common than many of the public would anticipate. I searched this earlier and found a lot of people who didn't find it wrong. Some people typed out several paragraphs in single posts to explain why it isn't as bad as it seems....some users even had pro's listed.
RE: Incest?
I beleive it is wrong.
If you think it is wrong to engage in activity that will predictably heighten the chances that your offspring will be born with a genetic defect, then incest with a close relative would be wrong for that reason. If you think there is nothing wrong with that, then there is nothing wrong with incest.

I wonder if existentialist would consider social restrictions against incest an unacceptable backslide towards NAZI eugenics.

(October 24, 2010 at 11:03 pm)Spectrum Wrote: I know this is a taboo subject, but do you believe it is wrong? Why or why not?
I do NOT want this to get heated, and I'd like to think that many of you would not judge one another on this subject (immaturity seems to be low here comparatively with other forums).

I remember that we (at Anononia's forums) discussed this briefly and many were okay with it. Not in the sense that they would personally engage in sexual congress with their sibling, but they didn't think it was wrong (as long as they were 14/15/16 or so). I tend to agree. If two siblings (say, 16 & 18) decide to experiment together, then why is it unethical? Who are we to judge?

Sometimes I wonder if teenage incest is more common than many of the public would anticipate. I searched this earlier and found a lot of people who didn't find it wrong. Some people typed out several paragraphs in single posts to explain why it isn't as bad as it seems....some users even had pro's listed.

I am not opposed to consensual Incest between two adults, there is no valid moral reason in my opinion which would justify outlawing consensual incestous relationships, polyagmy and polyandry. Because my moral system is based on two princples, namely the golden rule (treat your neighbour as you would treat yourself) and first do no harm (hippocratic oath).
undefined
is it wrong? no, but we know that after a few generations of it the recessive genes that could carry defects will surface. So, anyone who engages in such activity should be aware of it.
Also it is possible that we are hm, "programmed" (I guess) not to fall in love/be attracted to people we've grown up around. So, if that's true, it's more likely the only people who would engage in that are people who found there long lost [close family member]
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
I feel that based on the higher chance of any offspring (wanted or not) being born with serious disabilities that Incest is wrong and would want the law as it is currently in Britain that allows cousins to marry to be changed. This would see a great reduction in the amount of people affected and the money spent on treating ill children who may not have been born with problems had their parents spread their seed a little further from home.
I don't see a problem with incest if both parties are consenting. Having a child through a relative is more likely to cause genetic defects though, so unless the potential parents are willing to deal with those risks I don't believe they should have children.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
(October 25, 2010 at 1:36 pm)Shinylight Wrote: I don't see a problem with incest if both parties are consenting. Having a child through a relative is more likely to cause genetic defects though, so unless the potential parents are willing to deal with those risks I don't believe they should have children.

But why should a child suffer just because the parents are "willing to deal with those risks"?

I guess my issue isn't with the act of incest it is if a child then becomes involved.
(October 25, 2010 at 1:24 pm)Skipper Wrote: I feel that based on the higher chance of any offspring (wanted or not) being born with serious disabilities that Incest is wrong and would want the law as it is currently in Britain that allows cousins to marry to be changed.

That would cast doubt on the genetic respectability of the British hereditary monarch. How would you like call your sovereign someone whose bloodline has been trashed for generations in a way that would not have been tolerated in the family of a commoner?
(October 25, 2010 at 1:49 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(October 25, 2010 at 1:24 pm)Skipper Wrote: I feel that based on the higher chance of any offspring (wanted or not) being born with serious disabilities that Incest is wrong and would want the law as it is currently in Britain that allows cousins to marry to be changed.

That would cast doubt on the genetic respectability of the British Royal Family. How would you like call your sovereign someone whose bloodline has been trashed for generations in a way that would not have been tolerated in the family of a commoner?

I don't care about the "genetic respectability of the British Royal Family", I'm not a massive royalist anyway so they don't come into it as far as im concerned. They may be descended from an insestual bloodline and have mostly gotten away with it in terms of their health, but it remains that a child born into a family where the two parents are related is more likely to have something wrong with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incest and children. IanHulett 32 5525 July 5, 2016 at 8:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? KingKong 39 8723 July 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Amalynne0