Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims
Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims
http://time.com/5243124/sandy-hook-parents-alex-jones/

Alex Jones, who perpetrates the stupid conspiracy theory that every mass shooting is nothing but a false flag attack, is being sued by the parents of the Sandy Hook Kids.  

I say good.  I hope they win, and I hope they take him for everything he's got.  I doubt the fucker learns, but I hope it costs him big time.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
RE: Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims
Depends on exactly what he's being sued for. Without knowing, I can almost guarantee that his defense will be his 1st amendment rights.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Well considering he has said  that the parents helped fake their own children's deaths . I think defamation is a pretty sure bet. Freedom of speech or not i think they would have a good case . And i hope they win because that's fucking disgusting thing to accuse a parent of.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I don't know. I hate Alex Jones so so so much. More than you can imagine. I hate his voice, his stupid face and everything that comes tumbling from his brain to the garbage hole of his mouth.

..... but you can't sue someone for being an idiot, and saying the stupid things they believe. I feel for these parents. But if Fred Phelps won his supreme court case, 7-0 then Alex is protected by the first amendment.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(April 19, 2018 at 4:36 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't know. I hate Alex Jones so so so much. More than you can imagine. I hate his voice, his stupid face and everything that comes tumbling from his brain to the garbage hole of his mouth.

..... but you can't sue someone for being an idiot, and saying the stupid things they believe. I feel for these parents.  But if Fred Phelps won his supreme court case, 7-0 then Alex is protected by the first amendment.

The cases are very different. Phelps was expressing a belief, whereas Jones is accusing people of committing criminal acts and  conspiracy.  The gulf between freedom of religion and defamation is a pretty broad one.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 19, 2018 at 4:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 19, 2018 at 4:36 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't know. I hate Alex Jones so so so much. More than you can imagine. I hate his voice, his stupid face and everything that comes tumbling from his brain to the garbage hole of his mouth.

..... but you can't sue someone for being an idiot, and saying the stupid things they believe. I feel for these parents.  But if Fred Phelps won his supreme court case, 7-0 then Alex is protected by the first amendment.

The cases are very different. Phelps was expressing a belief, whereas Jones is accusing people of committing criminal acts and  conspiracy.  The gulf between freedom of religion and defamation is a pretty broad one.

Boru

Are you not allowed to accuse people of criminal acts? I mean, people do that all the time on the internet. Half this forum does it from time to time.
The cases aren't parallel.  I can accuse you directly of anything I like, and you can tell me to fuck off.  If I levy a false accusation against you to some other party, it becomes defamation, which is illegal.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 19, 2018 at 5:08 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The cases aren't parallel.  I can accuse you directly of anything I like, and you can tell me to fuck off.  If I levy a false accusation against you to some other party, it becomes defamation, which is illegal.

Boru

I don't really see the difference, since this is a public forum, there is an audience even if it's not the same as Alex Jones., Think of the floodgates that would open if the family won. Everyone could be sued for conspiracy videos or even certain shit talking online.

They won't win though. So it doesn't really matter.

Also Alex Jones didn't make up this conspiracy. Someone else did and he's just promotes it. I mean why Jones? Is every YouTuber who promotes this, or 9/11 truther nonsense subject to lawsuit?
There is a difference between internet shit talk and accusing people of a crime on a nationally syndicated program .As for why Jones he's a recognized public figure some random person on the internet is not . And your paranoia is unfounded . Oh and they have a strong case so they very well could win .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(April 17, 2018 at 1:04 pm)Joods Wrote: Depends on exactly what he's being sued for.  Without knowing,  I can almost guarantee that his defense will be his 1st amendment rights.

It is going to be either for or a combo of, defamation, slander, liable. 

I think firearm safety advocates also need to sue the NRA for their fear marketing and incitement to violence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kanye West on Alex Jones paulpablo 391 23388 December 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jury Awards Sandy Hook Families Nearly $1 Billion BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1859 October 14, 2022 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Pope sued Foxaèr 12 883 November 29, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Memorials to the victims of the COVID-19 Prof.Lunaphiles 4 409 April 20, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  George Zimmerman suing parents of Trayvon Martin among others Cecelia 140 7691 December 11, 2019 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2398 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Alex Jones and Infowars gets 'disappeared' - are we headed in the right direction? Angrboda 203 24678 December 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Parents form "prayer circle" over gay stage kiss Foxaèr 14 1705 November 13, 2018 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 12258 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Melania visits kids taken from their parents? Brian37 36 4595 June 22, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Brian37