Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Interpol to Issue Arrest Warrant for Cheney?
Wink 
Interpol to Issue Arrest Warrant for Cheney?
ROFLOL

Nigeria to charge Dick Cheney in $180 million bribery case, issue Interpol arrest warrant

By John Byrne
Thursday, December 2nd, 2010 -- 8:37 am

dick cheney 11 Nigeria to charge Dick Cheney in $180 million bribery case, issue Interpol arrest warrant

The company that Dick Cheney ran prior to becoming Vice President of the United States was atop the tongue of liberals each time his company was awarded a contract in Iraq.

Now the company's name, Halliburton, is being spoken somewhere else: Nigeria.

According to a story filed late Wednesday, Cheney will be indicted in a Nigerian bribery case as part of an investigation into an alleged $180 million bribery scandal.

"Last week, Nigeria arrested at least 23 officials from companies including Halliburton, Saipem, Technip and a former subsidiary of Panalpina Welttransport Holding AG in connection with alleged illegal payments to Nigerian officials. Those detained were all freed on bail on Nov. 29," Bloomberg News' Elisha Bala-Gbogbo wrote.

"Authorities in the West African nation are probing Halliburton, Saipem and Technip for the alleged payment of $180 million in bribes to win a $6 billion liquefied natural-gas contract," Bala-Gbogbo added. "Panalpina is being investigated for illegal payments it allegedly made to Nigerian customs officials on behalf of Royal Dutch Shell Plc."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/niger...bery-case/
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
RE: Interpol to Issue Arrest Warrant for Cheney?
I hope they still execute people by burying them up to their necks and throwing rocks at their fucking heads.

Go Nigeria!
How are fox news reporting this I wonder?

Back in a mo.

Their not.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 2, 2010 at 12:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I hope they still execute people by burying them up to their necks and throwing rocks at their fucking heads.

Go Nigeria!

Why waste good rocks? Just unplug the Tin Man's mechanical heart.

: )

I'd have preferred "crimes of war, crimes of aggression and crimes against humanity" but in a world of no justice, it's nice to see something catch up to him.

Angry Lynch Mob
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Who wants to bet that the US ignores this while simultaneously screaming for Assange to be arrested?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(December 2, 2010 at 4:00 pm)Jaysyn Wrote: Who wants to bet that the US ignores this while simultaneously screaming for Assange to be arrested?

Exactly Assange would be the one to bring the misdeeds into the light and for that he must be severely punished. So far that last batch of documents hasn't been anything more than embarrassing. What will be the grounds for charges?

Red facing the Feds?

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
(December 2, 2010 at 2:45 pm)technophobe Wrote:
(December 2, 2010 at 12:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I hope they still execute people by burying them up to their necks and throwing rocks at their fucking heads.

Go Nigeria!

Why waste good rocks? Just unplug the Tin Man's mechanical heart.

Rocks are recyclable. Cheney would not appreciate the irony.
Good point, Minimalist.

Still... I'm of the opinion that Cheney's head is festering pustule filled with tiny, squirming alien life forms that we would risk unleashing onto an unsuspecting populace should Nigeria choose to stone him to death. So, I have to stick with unplugging his mechanical heart.

It's just safer.

The man is iving on borrowed time already. I suspect he will be dead before anyone can bring charges against him.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 344 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Cheney challenger admits to statutory rape: Republicans don't care Rev. Rye 39 2166 May 28, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Russia Bounty Issue is Indefensible AFTT47 19 1241 July 7, 2020 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Ukraine/Crimea/Russia issue Mystic 23 5581 April 5, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space Coveny 16 1566 February 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A serious issue I have with American Politics NuclearEnergy 9 1467 April 23, 2017 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  WEll, Whaddaya Know....The FBI DID Have Probable Cause For A FISA Warrant Minimalist 5 1751 April 12, 2017 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I think I'm starting to recognize the real issue with American politics now NuclearEnergy 24 5448 January 15, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Dems vs Repubs = no difference? Which party is more wed to power than to any issue? Whateverist 39 3882 October 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Poverty on the rise and inequality still a pressing issue. Something completely different 3 1514 October 11, 2013 at 9:55 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet