Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm tired of being triggered by religion
I'm tired of being triggered by religion
Does any of you managed to forget about mainstream religion to the point of not being triggered by it in the same way you aren't noticing Zeus or Odin.

I often get triggered by religion and I feel like I had enough of it. Does "time heals" worked for some of you?
RE: I'm tired of being triggered by religion
I would prefer that people appeal to reason rather than superstition in making their decisions about their lives and the lives of others, but I can't say I'm triggered by religion. Matter of fact, it might easily be argued the opposite. There is a fascination and unending interest in the subject.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 4, 2018 at 11:41 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: I would prefer that people appeal to reason rather than superstition in making their decisions about their lives and the lives of others, but I can't say I'm triggered by religion.  Matter of fact, it might easily be argued the opposite.  There is a fascination and unending interest in the subject.

My fascination and interest about religion ended when I noticed a pattern that spins around hell and sad people who grabbing on to that toxic idea and lure others.
Only when some moron shows up here and spewing shit about his/her invisible friend.

Otherwise, I never think about it.  Too irrelevant.
Yeah when that pesky Mystic speaks about it.... o wait....
What, you think your imaginary sky daddy carries any weight as an argument? Really?
OP: We kind of all are to varying degrees. To totally escape the triggers you may need to move to a deserted island.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 4, 2018 at 11:30 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Does any of you managed to forget about mainstream religion to the point of not being triggered by it in the same way you aren't noticing Zeus or Odin.

I often get triggered by religion and I feel like I had enough of it. Does "time heals" worked for some of you?

Not in your shoes...but, I actually like the myths.  I never had to deal with believing in them, ofc.  I derive joy from them, not angst or misery. Maybe changing the way you think about them could help?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: What, you think your imaginary sky daddy carries any weight as an argument? Really?

Because greatness is a property of life and life is a property of greatness and not just imagination for one. Yes, I am aware of the philosophical escape routes trying to do away with this truth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired BrokenQuill92 9 603 March 14, 2020 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Tired All The Time Without Coffee Edwardo Piet 52 5675 August 30, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1543 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  What are you tired of? Foxaèr 38 4534 July 16, 2015 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Tired of just Surviving? bladevalant546 29 6534 September 16, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I never get tired of hearing Ricky's story. Brian37 0 1010 May 15, 2013 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Brian37