Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illegal Immigrants
Illegal Immigrants
So an old friend posted this on Facebook. This could work.

Quote:I was thinking about the sudden immigration crisis and believe I have a solution. I’d get as many charter buses as I could And when these people show up, load the buses and start driving north. Release them at the Canadian border and make sure they keep going in that direction. Our friends to the north are quick to criticize so if they can do a better job, let them do it!
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
RE: Illegal Immigrants
Considering that Indians are the only true natives, perhaps we should all board those buses.
OP: I've heard this before.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 23, 2018 at 8:46 am)Kit Wrote: Considering that Indians are the only true natives, perhaps we should all board those buses.

That seems like an argument not to have open boarders.   I’m not against immigrants, and I’m not against talk of immigration reform.  But allowing people to cross unchecked is not a good idea.  Immigration laws are a good thing.  I’ve been hearing lately how sex trafficking is also a bigger problem in the US than people realize; and that controlling the human trafficking across the Mexican boarder is a part of fighting that.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(June 23, 2018 at 8:46 am)Kit Wrote: Considering that Indians are the only true natives, perhaps we should all board those buses.

It almost seems like a closed border policy would have truly benefited them.
Why not just partner with Mexico and work towards improving it's infrastructure, that seems like the practical approach. The reason your getting so many people seeking asylum is because their families can't survive in Mexico, so no matter how many laws you pass people from Mexico are still going to try and get to the US. So why not address the problem and work towards improving Mexico so the people there don't have to flee to the US. This would not only solve the immigration issue it would also be a great humanitarian move.
We can't seem to get out government to improve our own infrastructure, much less a neighboring country. They'd rather shovel money into the military, or subsidies for multinational corporations. They love to talk about regime change in places like Iraq and Lybia, but their only solution for the problem with Mexico in a wall.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 23, 2018 at 10:21 am)Mr.wizard Wrote: Why not just partner with Mexico and work towards improving it's infrastructure, that seems like the practical approach. The reason your getting so many people seeking asylum is because their families can't survive in Mexico, so no matter how many laws you pass people from Mexico are still going to try and get to the US. So why not address the problem and work towards improving Mexico so the people there don't have to flee to the US. This would not only solve the immigration issue it would also be a great humanitarian move.

Sounds good, but I think that implementing it is a lot more complicated. Also many illegal immigrants come from places further down in Central America, and while impoverishment certainly plays a large part it’s not the only issue. I do think it’s a problem you can just throw money at and fix, and being a soveriegn nation it’s difficult to do mich else.

I’m sure their are charities that send money to Mexico however, if you are interested.
(June 23, 2018 at 10:31 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(June 23, 2018 at 10:21 am)Mr.wizard Wrote: Why not just partner with Mexico and work towards improving it's infrastructure, that seems like the practical approach. The reason your getting so many people seeking asylum is because their families can't survive in Mexico, so no matter how many laws you pass people from Mexico are still going to try and get to the US. So why not address the problem and work towards improving Mexico so the people there don't have to flee to the US. This would not only solve the immigration issue it would also be a great humanitarian move.

Sounds good, but I think that implementing  it is a lot more complicated. Also many illegal immigrants come from places further down in Central America, and while impoverishment certainly plays a large part it’s not the only issue. I do think it’s a problem you can just throw money at and fix, and being a soveriegn nation it’s difficult to do mich else.

I’m sure their are charities that send money to Mexico however, if you are interested.

Why is it more complicated, we are currently just throwing money at it, and we don't have a solution to stop people from coming here. The only way to stop people from coming here is to get them to want to stay where they are. It's not a problem for for people in Central America either because we could do the same thing there or they can partner with Mexico, it's the simple idea of people helping people. Right now our genius idea's are bus people to Canada and Build a ridiculously expensive wall nether addresses the actual problem.
What immigration crisis? We have more undocumented Mexican immigrants leaving than coming in, for the past few years. Faux News likes to ignore this and act like it isn't a fact.

(June 23, 2018 at 10:25 am)Chad32 Wrote: We can't seem to get out government to improve our own infrastructure, much less a neighboring country. They'd rather shovel money into the military, or subsidies for multinational corporations. They love to talk about regime change in places like Iraq and Lybia, but their only solution for the problem with Mexico in a wall.

Jesus (if he existed) preached Pacifism and love for the poor. Who votes for the party that's the most militaristic and the least sympathetic towards anyone who needs help from the government the most? Those who say they love Jesus.

Some Christians don't vote Republican. I guess it depends if Pacifism and love for the poor is more their core belief than saving what's technically humans in a fetal state that can't see, hear, think, or feel pain. The first set of things is clearly spelled out in the Bible the second is not.

Or stopping gays and lesbians from marrying each other. Which the bible says gay sex is a sin, and possibly desiring gay sex is, but doesn't spell out that anyone should stop them from marrying.

Then you have in the OT where it talks about how to treat the Sojourner in your land.(Undocumented immigrants) That doesn't count because it's the OT I guess. But tithing, completely reworked and changed from food to money and giving them to the Church in general, instead of yourself, Levites and the poor, does.

Because,
My Priest, Preacher, Pastor said so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is it illegal to have multiple spouses? FrustratedFool 65 4274 September 23, 2023 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump on Immigrants jessicaseinfeld 11 1054 July 1, 2019 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: jessicaseinfeld
  Illegal! chimp3 25 1720 April 11, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Illegal Immigration Lek 183 14661 February 15, 2019 at 3:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2235 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  10 things that you did not know about immigrants. Jehanne 31 4113 April 24, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Illegal Immigration Lek 8 1469 January 16, 2017 at 1:59 am
  Racism, Gypsies, immigrants, problems & solutions Zenith 22 4238 March 27, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Regina
  "Hoodies should be illegal", sez party of "small government". Ryantology 17 5156 January 19, 2015 at 12:42 pm
  Make stupidity illegal bladevalant546 20 3539 August 28, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist