Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do christians have against gay people
What do christians have against gay people
I always hear christians talking about how gay is sin and jesus says its a sin. I can quote everything jesus said about gays by memory " "-jesus. thats it ive read the bible and he didnt say shit. It really bugs me when i am hanging out with someone who is openly gay and someone will walk up to him saying he makes jesus cry when jesus never spoke a word about it. any thoughts?
"Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions" -Frater Ravus
RE: What do christians have against gay people
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death." - Leviticus 20:13.

“The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.” -1 Peter 1:24-25

“The law of the Lord is perfect.” – Psalm 19:17

To a Christian, homosexuality is a horrible sin. Since the law of the Lord is "perfect" and "stands forever," I wonder why Christians don't kill homosexuals?
"God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

"Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).
(December 20, 2010 at 4:37 am)Micah Wrote: "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death." - Leviticus 20:13.

“The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.” -1 Peter 1:24-25

“The law of the Lord is perfect.” – Psalm 19:17

To a Christian, homosexuality is a horrible sin. Since the law of the Lord is "perfect" and "stands forever," I wonder why Christians don't kill homosexuals?

Actually Christians did kill homosexuals back in the day, in England for example homosexual sex was a death penalty offence from 1533 to 1861. Even now a few Christians still want to kill Homosexuals and feel the required by the bible.

Put Homosexuals To The Sword
By Jim Rudd
The Covenant News ~ June 7, 2006
Civil officials have a God ordained duty to execute sodomites.

The word of God commands, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Lev.20:13).

Have we not been taught that homosexuality is an abomination (Lev.18:22). And those who engage in homosexuality are so vile that their very presence defiles the land and its inhabitants (Lev.18:25-28).

This sodomite defilement brings eternal damnation upon all who approve of homosexuality (Rom.1:32, 13:2) and brings God's righteous judgment of punishment and death on the society as a whole (Gen.19:24-25, II Pet.2:6).

The Magistrate, in his proper role, "beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil" (Rom.13:4).

Since Magistrates have such a sure Biblical mandate to protect the innocent people in society by using the sword to execute sodomites (he that doeth evil), why then, are Christians encouraging civil officials to ignore the commandments of God concerning homosexuality?

Where does it say in the Bible, "If a man lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, you shall pass a Marriage Protection Amendment"?

Such legislative efforts make the commandments of God of no effect, and Christian men involved in these efforts should be ashamed of themselves for engaging in pharisaical deceit against the ordinance of God in front of His people (Matt.5:17-20, 15:7-9; Rom.13:2).

Back in 2003, when the Supreme Court issued an opinion against Texas sodomy laws in Lawrence v. Texas, Republicans started pushing the idea of a "Marriage Protection Amendment" as a solution to the "gay problem." As we now know the amendment idea is not a solution but a red herring used by crafty politicians to distract Christians away from obedience to the commandments of God concerning homosexuality. It is a political trick used to lure the Church into a humiliating situation of begging the State to "defend marriage" while allowing civil officials to circumvent their God ordained duty to administer Justice upon sodomites!

When the Supreme Court rendered its Lawrence opinion, every U.S. Congressmen from the state of Texas should have issued an Indictment of Impeachment to have the Supreme Court Justices, responsible for such an abomination, to be kicked off the bench for sexual deviant behavior under Article III Section. I of the Constitution. Across the nation reprobate federal judges sit on the bench at the behest of our U.S. Congressmen and U.S. Senators.

America is a cursed nation (John.7:49) and "defending marriage" does nothing to cut off the curse. The marriage amendment does nothing to protect the people of the United States from the wrath to come-because of homosexuality. The word of God commands that sodomites are to be executed, and God gives our civil officials the sword to do the job. Until our civil officials turn from their wicked way by administering Justice, we can only be judged with the most depraved pagan nations in history:

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire" (Jude 1:7).

If you hate your children's guts, then do not teach them how to administer Justice in the land (Eph.6:4). Just sit back and let the lawless be damned (Matt.7:21-23).
undefined
Wow! I had no idea they still held onto that belief. It is actually quite scary to think that some Christians want to kill homosexuals! I guess it is good they are faithfully practicing their faith (sarcasm intended Tongue ).
"God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

"Always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you" (1 Peter 3:15).
Because the bible wasn't the word or thoughts or idea or laws of a god but of men who lived in a time when homosexuality was not understood and feared.
Who knows when some of the anti gay language was written? The bible and one may also assume additionally the Torah went through how many different factions intent upon translation and rewrites to fit the morality of the time.
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
Because Christianity feels that all sex is sinful. Celibacy, according to the Bible, is the preferred lifestyle. Hetero sex is required to procreate, so they couldn't ban it completely the way they have with gay sex.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 20, 2010 at 8:10 am)Skipper Wrote: Because the bible wasn't the word or thoughts or idea or laws of a god but of men who lived in a time when homosexuality was not understood and feared.

I wonder about that, Skippy. A lot of it comes down to when this bullshit was actually a) written initially and b) edited.

I'm more and more impressed with the arguments that the OT was a late redaction. Common elements of folklore and Canaanite history were overlaid with a lot of pious horseshit in the Persian period to give the allegedly returning "exiles" a rationale for being the ruling class. "We were dragged away by the Babylonians but we have been FREED by the great Cyrus of Persia." The fact is that the Jews were loyal subjects of the Persian empire until Alexander the Great came rolling through.

There is no indication that Judaea was an important region to the Greeks (Herodotus doesn't even mention it) ....or really anyone else as it was a backward shithole. It did become a battleground between the Ptolemies in Egypt and the Seleucid Greeks in Syria in the wake of Alexander's death. But the next big event is the Maccabaean revolt c 160. There is every indication that this was a legitimate local revolt against the Seleucid king, Anitochus IV which means that it became a "Judaean" v "Greek" war and in any war propaganda plays a part. Homosexuality was probably not unknown among all cultures to one degree or another but the Greeks had institutionalized it. What better way to rally the people against the Greeks than by declaring that god himself had declared that they were deserving of death because of their unholy practices?

Once you get rid of the foolish idea that the OT is a divinely inspired religious text it becomes easier to see it as a mainly political document.
(December 20, 2010 at 10:33 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Because Christianity feels that all sex is sinful. Celibacy, according to the Bible, is the preferred lifestyle. Hetero sex is required to procreate, so they couldn't ban it completely the way they have with gay sex.

Indeed, Jesus said in the New Testament that in heaven people would be like the angels (without any sexual desire or possibly even organs).
undefined
It biblical and subsequent religious depiction of jesus did capture the subtext of his personality makeup, then it seemed to me that Jesus himself was very much a repressed homosexual with a mix of severe self-loathing and unbridled escapist narcissism. I think many of "apostles" also seemed like repressed homosexuals with conflicted self loathing personality who sought escape by worshipping the purposed persona that Jesus created for himself. So to me it would have been truly amazing if a religion born out of this subtext did not turn out to be pathologically homophobic. To me it would also be amazing if the mildly androgynous depictions of Jesus in Christian art, the obsessive emphasis on "son", and the marginalization of a proper woman character did not in itself attract it's share of society's repressed homosexuals seeking a target to project self loathing onto.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 567 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3405 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7833 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7021 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  OK, Christians! I have my KJV! chimp3 166 30739 April 12, 2018 at 11:21 am
Last Post: He lives
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5441 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15043 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18432 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19157 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why are Christians obsessed with Gay people? Cecelia 109 18154 January 29, 2017 at 1:37 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92