Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Always lacked coordination.......
Always lacked coordination.......
So just now, I was watching my Hispanic neighbors back a pickup truck with a flatbed open trailer between my yard fence and their porch. Kinda like threading yarn through the eye of a needle. I cant do that shit, I have no coordination in anything, eye mirror, sports, none of that. So I am watching this guy back up without hitting anything and joked with my neighbor, "Glad he was driving, because if that had been me, you wouldn't have  porch."

Some people are better at things I am not.

On a related note just now. I mentioned in another thread that their wire framed Christmas dear had fallen over because of wind a couple weeks ago, that Santa went deer hunting. Just now I basically asked them why they hadn't upright'ed them and one guy said, "You killed them didn't you?" I responded , "Damned right".
RE: Always lacked coordination.......
Backing up a two wheeled trailer is a piece of piss - it' s simple as can be.

Try backing up a four wheeled trailer - like a hay wagon - where the front wheels steer via the drawbar.

THAT'S the one that separates the men from the boys...

Tongue
(December 23, 2018 at 11:10 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Backing up a two wheeled trailer is a piece of piss - it' s simple as can be.

Try backing up a four wheeled trailer - like a hay wagon - where the front wheels steer via the drawbar.

Tongue

No, that is what separates the coordinated from those without coordination. I am sure plenty of women can do the same thing.
I' m sure there is somewhere.

But I haven't met a woman yet, who could back a trailer...

I probably would if I hung out in truck stops....

Heh
(December 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: I' m sure there is somewhere.

But I haven't met a woman yet, who could back a trailer...

I probably would if I hung out in truck stops....

Heh

I've had female bosses throughout my life.  Not in the truck driving industry no, but plenty of female bosses.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/13/heres-wh...river.html
I'm a very good driver (said in my Rain Man voice) as long as I am traveling forward. Backing up has never been my skill. I hoped maybe my car having a back up camera would help me squeeze in between the fence and my husband's truck. All it has really helped with is not being too close or too far away from the garage door.

Years ago I moved with my kids from the Midwest to Arizona (military move) and pulled a U-Haul behind my car. First time ever with a trailer to deal with. We made it without incident but I never want to do that again.

Husband used to be a diesel truck mechanic and can maneuver any kind of big truck from concrete mixers to tractor trailer rigs so backing a regular car/truck in anywhere is something he doesn't even give a second thought.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Talent is like a muscle. You get stronger at whatever it is by doing it.
(December 23, 2018 at 3:56 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I'm a very good driver (said in my Rain Man voice) as long as I am traveling forward.  Backing up has never been my skill.  I hoped maybe my car having a back up camera would help me squeeze in between the fence and my husband's truck.  All it has really helped with is not being too close or too far away from the garage door.

Years ago I moved with my kids from the Midwest to Arizona (military move) and pulled a U-Haul behind my car.  First time ever with a trailer to deal with.  We made it without incident but I never want to do that again.

Husband used to be a diesel truck mechanic and can maneuver any kind of big truck from concrete mixers to tractor trailer rigs so backing a regular car/truck in anywhere is something he doesn't even give a second thought.

Vaginas and peni don't determine if you can back up well. I have a penis and trust me, you don't want me backing up a semi or even a pick up with a flatbed trailer, unless you want your shit fucked up.
(December 23, 2018 at 11:10 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Backing up a two wheeled trailer is a piece of piss - it' s simple as can be.

Tongue

That's nothing.
Try backing up a tractor and trailer with three bins on it, full of apples, down a tight orchard, onto another tractor and trailer to give it a push start when the batteries are dead. :-)

I have problems with parking in tight spots, even with a regular sedan. I guess I'm not man enough then.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Always remember... no one 7 643 October 20, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  One Thing In Fiction That Always Causes Me To Facepalm Amarok 23 3992 May 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  You know what I've always wondered? Clueless Morgan 98 12386 October 24, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  For those who are always twisting peoples words... IanHulett 1 933 July 20, 2015 at 12:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Life Is Always Perfect H2O 29 3214 February 5, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Hawking always makes me smile. Paul the Human 13 4342 April 27, 2010 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Sam