Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My theory to the origin of life on Earth.
My theory to the origin of life on Earth.
Hi all
To be a atheist you must have a theory of the creation of life on earth.
How did it all begin, did life start before the earth had o2. I think so.
While the volcanoes were spitting out the life giving elements and creating the water on our planet I think life started in the very first seas that were created they did not require the dissolved oxygen most water creatures require now but were similar to life at the bottom of the sea in the volcanic vents on the sea bed today and survived on H. That is my theory of Abiogenesis from then on I can not fault Darwin's theory of the evolution of life to the present day.
As for the creation of the universe, I am still out on that one big placeCoolBig Grin
May have been a big bang but that is one question, that in my opinion will never be answered.
Regards
Rex.
True power is when you have justification to kill,and dont.

My website
RE: My theory to the origin of life on Earth.
Thats interesting, but i'm a little confused.

First you said that life existed before earth,

and then you said the first life was started in the first seas.

Doesn't there have to be earth for there to be seas? Which would mean the earth came first, right?

I don't know maybe I misunderstood?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
(January 13, 2009 at 9:00 pm)WWLD Wrote: Thats interesting, but i'm a little confused.

First you said that life existed before earth,

and then you said the first life was started in the first seas.

Doesn't there have to be earth for there to be seas? Which would mean the earth came first, right?

I don't know maybe I misunderstood?
Hi WWLD
Yes the statement read before there was o2 (oxygen)Smile on Earth
True power is when you have justification to kill,and dont.

My website
Gotcha!

I should learn to be a better reader
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
"To be a atheist you must have a theory of the creation of life on earth."

Not true though, to be an atheist is to reject theistic claims.

I have no working theory about the early begginnings of life though, I do know of many others theories that make sense to me and the evidence seems valid. So in general I go with thost theories, when I do not, I go by my own logic and understanding of the world.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
(January 13, 2009 at 8:44 pm)peregrine Wrote: To be a atheist you must have a theory of the creation of life on earth.

That is not correct. To be an atheist all you have to do is not believe in supernatural deities.

(January 13, 2009 at 8:44 pm)peregrine Wrote: How did it all begin, did life start before the earth had o2.

There are still bacteria around that do not use oxygen at all.

(January 13, 2009 at 8:44 pm)peregrine Wrote: As for the creation of the universe, I am still out on that one big placeCoolBig Grin

Big bang is a bit of a misnomer, first it wasn't big and second it didn't bang. I would like to point you to the video series of Andromedaswake on Youtube for a good explanation.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
And in all likelihood, it took a very long time of things like cyanobacteria producing O2 before there was actually enough for anything else to evolve.
(January 13, 2009 at 8:44 pm)peregrine Wrote: Hi all

First of all, welcome to the forum..

Quote:To be a atheist you must have a theory of the creation of life on earth.
How did it all begin, did life start before the earth had o2. I think so.

It certainly did. In the very early Earth there was no oxygen in the atmosphere, at least, none worth mentioning. It was thanks to the toilsome task of the first microbes that produced the oxygen in the first place. To them it was simply a waste product and in fact quite toxic.

It was only after levels of oxygen had built up to sufficient levels and formed the ozone layer that more complex life was able to evolve.

Quote:While the volcanoes were spitting out the life giving elements and creating the water on our planet I think life started in the very first seas that were created they did not require the dissolved oxygen most water creatures require now but were similar to life at the bottom of the sea in the volcanic vents on the sea bed today and survived on H.

Most of the organic chemicals that life needs such as amino acids etc. are now thought to have been delivered to the early Earth via comets and asteroids as the early Earth had undergone a cataclysm with a planetesimal that helped to form our moon and any such elements would have been destroyed.

It is also probable that most of the worlds oceans were also delivered by the constant bombardment of comets.

It's also theorised that the first life did not start on the Earth but was instead delivered, again, via comets. This is known as Panspermia.

Quote:As for the creation of the universe, I am still out on that one big placeCoolBig Grin
May have been a big bang but that is one question, that in my opinion will never be answered.

I quite like M Theories explanation for our Universe where two membranes collided. This would also explain the lumpy nature of the Universe and suggests, to me anyway, that we also have a twin.

Anyway, welcome again.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(January 13, 2009 at 8:44 pm)peregrine Wrote: To be a atheist you must have a theory of the creation of life on earth.

Why? What has the creation of the Earth got to do with atheism?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Perhaps that should have read as.

"Most atheists seem to have a theory of the creation of life on Earth."
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life eating other life. Brian37 42 2236 May 14, 2021 at 4:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the age of the earth jasonelijah 88 5198 March 30, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  quality of life or life for life's sake tackattack 37 2294 November 24, 2018 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  No official name for earth's moon Foxaèr 32 2063 March 4, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Theory of Evolution, Atheism, and Homophobia. RayOfLight 31 4968 October 25, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Panspermia theory? mediocrates 28 4976 May 24, 2017 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Test My Theory: Macro evolution DOES happen? Gawdzilla Sama 44 12858 December 20, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Giulio Tononi's Theory of Consciousness Jehanne 11 3327 September 18, 2016 at 6:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The simple body test that proves the theory of evolution TubbyTubby 17 2763 March 22, 2016 at 5:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  How Life Began on Earth Rhondazvous 11 2797 January 12, 2016 at 5:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger