Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 7:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Hi I'm Greg. I'm originally from New York State now in Idaho. I am the president of the Secular Student Alliance at the College of Southern Idaho. As far as what I am that depends on what your asking. If you ask if believe in god, you'd have an atheist answer. If you ask if I think god exist you've have an agnostic answer (although that's not to be confused with the idea that agnostics give god a 50/50 chance. no evidence doesn't make something likely.) If you asked me what my philosophy is you'd have a humanist answer. I'm happy to be here and I hope to have some good chats.
RE: Hello!
Whew! NY to Idaho...that's a change!

Welcome. We have good chats. And bad chats. And crazy chats. And funny chats. And sometimes we even post on this forum while we're chatting. Smile

Enjoy your stay.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 11, 2011 at 3:40 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Whew! NY to Idaho...that's a change!

Welcome. We have good chats. And bad chats. And crazy chats. And funny chats. And sometimes we even post on this forum while we're chatting. Smile

Enjoy your stay.

thanks and it sounds fun. oh yeah I should explain how I went from NY to ID. Well its a long story. But all you really need to know is girl seduced me. that's in a sense the whole story lol.
Oh well hell, now I WANT to hear the full story...
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 11, 2011 at 3:44 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Oh well hell, now I WANT to hear the full story...

well it was an internet relationship. I had just graduated and it was the perfect time for a crazy adventure. its actually that simple. Now I'm very busy psychology major. I love school. It's my air so to speak. For the full story... well actually I'm in the proses of writing that and I'm hoping to do a book on religion. On religion all I really need to do is sort and edit. the autobiography is going to take a bit more work. I know I'm crazy. who would bother writing the life story about a car anyway?
Welcome!

I'd love to get involved with a Secular Student Alliance at my university, not sure if they have one though. That's awesome that you're the president, good job! I'm also a psychology student, and I also hope to write an autobiography, and perhaps a novel down the road.

Enjoy the forums Smile
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
I went from NY to Arizona because of the weather.

Your way sounds better.

Hello, there.
(February 11, 2011 at 3:36 am)Gregoriouse Wrote: Hi I'm Greg. I'm originally from New York State now in Idaho. I am the president of the Secular Student Alliance at the College of Southern Idaho. As far as what I am that depends on what your asking. If you ask if believe in god, you'd have an atheist answer. If you ask if I think god exist you've have an agnostic answer (although that's not to be confused with the idea that agnostics give god a 50/50 chance. no evidence doesn't make something likely.) If you asked me what my philosophy is you'd have a humanist answer. I'm happy to be here and I hope to have some good chats.

Welcome welcome! I'm new to the Forum and I love it so far. So I'm sure you will too! Smile
Sarah M

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan

It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream—a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought—a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!
Mark Twain

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."
(David Bowie)

"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
(Hypatia of Alexandria)

"Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fancies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing. The child-mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be in after-years relieved of them. In fact, men will fight for a superstition quite as quickly as for a living truth - often more so, since a superstition is so intangible you can not get at it to refute it, but truth is a point of view, and so is changeable."
Hypatia
(February 11, 2011 at 11:26 am)OnlyNatural Wrote: Welcome!

I'd love to get involved with a Secular Student Alliance at my university, not sure if they have one though. That's awesome that you're the president, good job! I'm also a psychology student, and I also hope to write an autobiography, and perhaps a novel down the road.

Enjoy the forums Smile

If you don't have one they aren't hard to start. You can make one pretty easily. The site is http://www.secularstudents.org/ and I think you can register online. I'm not sure because our staff adviser did that before I was even part of the group. When I first came I was thinking of making a group. Not like a college club but more like a chat group. To my surprise there already was one. I amused there wasn't because most people around here are either christian or mormon. We've been doing really good this year. Last semester we had Dan Barker come an speak which was really awesome. I've been getting into psychology really deep. It almost religiously lol. I'm also an honors student so I can incorporate my classes with honors projects and get more out of them.
Hi.

Your name looks like "Gregory House" after tripping over a blender. Big Grin

Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6059 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3667 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates