Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I Have To Do Is Dream
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Back when I was a kid, I had some intense nightmares that scared the crap out of me. But being older and wiser I look back at those nightmares and know it was simply my brain fooling me in my dream state. Back then I would have sworn that they were real, and yes, they were real dreams, but just that, dreams.

So just last week I had a extremely intense nightmare as to which I was back in my prior house in my same lot my new house is on now. It scared the shit out of me, and I woke up in a cold sweat. It really felt real. My prior house had fell into disrepair. It was 40 years old long before I moved in, and it had plenty of problems I didn't know about when I bought it. 

Point is, it felt real, as real as anyone reading this post right now. I haven't had a "felt real" dream like that since I was a kid. 

In my dream I was actually screaming for my new home and thinking my new home was the dream. I literally woke up in the middle of the night in the middle of the nightmare looking at the wall of the new home I am in now, breathing a huge sigh of relief as if I had been nearly ran over crossing the street.
RE: All I Have To Do Is Dream
It's not just a dream.

Take the red pill and you'll see.

Or, take the blue pill and go back to sleep.....

Cool
(July 9, 2020 at 7:02 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: It's not just a dream.

Cool

I asked Alice and all she offered me was laxative.
(July 9, 2020 at 7:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 9, 2020 at 7:02 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: It's not just a dream.

Cool

I asked Alice and all she offered me was laxative.

'Cause you are full of shit?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 9, 2020 at 7:50 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(July 9, 2020 at 7:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I asked Alice and all she offered me was laxative.

'Cause you are full of shit?

Did I mention I own a fertilizer company?

In all seriousness, outside this dream, the point of this post was to point out that our species perceptions are notoriously flawed.
Brian, I need some high grade organic fertilizer.

Is your brand mainly horseshit or bullshit?
Can I buy it in a crock?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 9, 2020 at 8:34 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Brian, I need some high grade organic fertilizer.

Is your brand mainly horseshit or bullshit?
Can I buy it in a crock?

You are going to ask me to chose?

The dream in reality was both horshit and bullshit. 

But it was "real" in the extent I had a bullshit/horseshit dream.

If I had not been the skeptic I am now, I could have fallen for the old "OH SHIT, THEREFOR A GOD."

OF COURSE my dream was bullshit and horshit. THAT was my point. But I won't lie that because of my mental state and physical state it didn't feel real.

How many people do the bullshit virtual haunted house or virtual computer graphic roller coaster carnival ride or theme park ride and shit their pants?

I am not lying in that it felt real. I am also not lying in the fact that I was smart enough to know it was a dream.
(July 9, 2020 at 6:28 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Back when I was a kid, I had some intense nightmares that scared the crap out of me. But being older and wiser I look back at those nightmares and know it was simply my brain fooling me in my dream state. Back then I would have sworn that they were real, and yes, they were real dreams, but just that, dreams.

So just last week I had a extremely intense nightmare as to which I was back in my prior house in my same lot my new house is on now. It scared the shit out of me, and I woke up in a cold sweat. It really felt real. My prior house had fell into disrepair. It was 40 years old long before I moved in, and it had plenty of problems I didn't know about when I bought it. 

Point is, it felt real, as real as anyone reading this post right now. I haven't had a "felt real" dream like that since I was a kid. 

In my dream I was actually screaming for my new home and thinking my new home was the dream. I literally woke up in the middle of the night in the middle of the nightmare looking at the wall of the new home I am in now, breathing a huge sigh of relief as if I had been nearly ran over crossing the street.

Whaddya want, a pillow and a wubby?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 10, 2020 at 7:27 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 9, 2020 at 6:28 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Back when I was a kid, I had some intense nightmares that scared the crap out of me. But being older and wiser I look back at those nightmares and know it was simply my brain fooling me in my dream state. Back then I would have sworn that they were real, and yes, they were real dreams, but just that, dreams.

Whaddya want, a pillow and a wubby?

Boru

I wanna rock.

I don't really think a Twisted Sister video is going to help wiff your bad dweams.  Do you have a favourite soft toy you could cuddle?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1695 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Just had my first proper lucid dream ErGingerbreadMandude 33 4251 February 17, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Post your dream girl Macoleco 119 19033 October 28, 2016 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Athene
  Dream Journal Excited Penguin 10 1326 February 15, 2016 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  What dream did you just have? paulpablo 73 8407 April 9, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Good Quotes From People You Wouldn't Dream of Quoting rexbeccarox 4 1779 November 17, 2013 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Where have all the liberals gone? Red Celt 21 4550 July 23, 2013 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Your Dream Car Justtristo 67 25334 September 3, 2012 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Phish
  Have you ever tried to debate Christians that have no clue? Dean-o 39 8647 June 22, 2011 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Strange Dream Darwinian 8 2346 May 30, 2009 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Samson