Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had my first proper lucid dream
Just had my first proper lucid dream
Yep. I woke up and it was night, I walked to the hall and the lights were off and the door was half opened, I looked outside and there was rain and a dog was sitting in the rain. I immediately knew I was dreaming but just to make sure I went and saw my dad and he told me to go wash my sheets or the world would end then I definitely knew it was a dream but I didn't know how to wake up, there were guys with guns coming and I punched the ground as hard as I could - nope didn't wake up, I tried hitting ctrl + alt + delete - nope no use, the soldiers with the guns were almost nearby, I closed my eyes and tried as much as I could to wake up. The light came back but I couldn't open my eyes in time. I tried again, eyes closed and full power, the light came and this time my timing was on spot and then bam I'm awake. I'm like phew thank God those guys didn't get me.
Have you guys ever had a lucid dream? It's the type of dream where you're aware you are dreaming and have enough control over your dream to decide what to do in it.
RE: Just had my first proper lucid dream
Epic, isn't it? Like a holodeck in your own head.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 16, 2018 at 8:45 am)Cyberman Wrote: Epic, isn't it? Like a holodeck in your own head.

Yep definitely awesome. I could've ever grabbed a gun and fought those guys but I panicked and just wanted to wake up. What was your dream?
I used to have them a lot... but they're only a rare treat now Sad I remember spending most of one holiday in a wonderful lucid dreamy daze... sunny Spain but all I wanted to do was lie in a darkened room in that lovely state.... best experience you can have without drugs I would think Big Grin But they usually come with bad sleep... so if you want to have more of them, either have a lot of two or three hour naps, or even set your alarm to interrupt your sleep, the aim being to wake up during REM sleep and then go back to sleep.
All the time when I was a kid.
What a coincidence... I've had many proper ones... but last night I just had my first bogus lucid dream!

I use to have those when  i was a kid it was always the same dream . I'm on the tundra . It's the middle of the night and it's pitch black .Black as black can be . And i look out into the blackness and i see a Hare pure white and glowing like a full moon . I chase the Hare and it runs faster and faster i can't catch it . But i keep chasing it . Then as we run i start to see forms in the blackness tall tree like and i start to hear throat singing . But it's raspy like like paper being rubbed together . But i continue to chase the hare . But as i run the forms become more and more visible . They have faces bone white mask like faces and the singing gets louder and louder and the forms get taller and taller. I keep running and running then i see something over horizon . A small red sliver  of light . I chase the hare towards it then the light greats brighter and brighter then i realize it's the moon a bright bloody red moon eerie and omenince and far to big .And the hare and i run toward it . And as we do it gets colder  and  colder . Soon it feels like i'm being frozen alive  the dream stops .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(February 16, 2018 at 9:38 am)Tizheruk Wrote: I use to have those when  i was a kid it was always the same dream . I'm on the tundra . It's the middle of the night and it's pitch black .Black as black can be . And i look out into the blackness and i see a Hare pure white and glowing like a full moon . I chase the Hare and it runs faster and faster i can't catch it . But i keep chasing it . Then as we run i start to see forms in the blackness tall tree like and i start to hear throat singing . But it's raspy like like paper being rubbed together . But i continue to chase the hare . But as i run the forms become more and more visible . They have faces bone white mask like faces and the singing gets louder and louder and the forms get taller and taller. I keep running and running then i see something over horizon . A small red sliver  of light . I chase the hare towards it then the light greats brighter and brighter then i realize it's the moon a bright bloody red moon eerie and omenince and far to big .And the hare and i run toward it . And as we do it gets colder  and  colder . Soon it feels like i'm being frozen alive  the dream stops .

Did you have control in that dream? I've never been entirely sure what the 'lucid' in lucid dreaming refers to... whether it just refers to the vividness of the dream, or the state of conscious control you have over it. Vivid dreams that feel real are cool, but the real buzz of lucid dreams is the control you have... where you can just say/think 'I'm bored here, I wanna go somewhere else' and you just will whatever you want and it becomes.
I know this is about lucid dreaming specifically, but can anyone relate to the following experiences in their dreams?

Walking outside barefooted or naked, with nobody giving a damn, but you feeling embarrassed.

Uncontrollably bouncing/floating high up and then skydiving down repeatedly (this was always terrifying for me)

Randomly running at a very high speed (like Flash himself) uncontrollably, and hoping you not hit something hard in your path.

Trying to run from some vague creepy form of a monster that you don't always see but you feel its presence, and either feeling too crippled to run or running in a very sluggish way.

As a little kid: Seeing an evil clone of your own mother, or your own mother abandoning you and going on about her life without you

(February 16, 2018 at 9:52 am)emjay Wrote:
(February 16, 2018 at 9:38 am)Tizheruk Wrote: I use to have those when  i was a kid it was always the same dream . I'm on the tundra . It's the middle of the night and it's pitch black .Black as black can be . And i look out into the blackness and i see a Hare pure white and glowing like a full moon . I chase the Hare and it runs faster and faster i can't catch it . But i keep chasing it . Then as we run i start to see forms in the blackness tall tree like and i start to hear throat singing . But it's raspy like like paper being rubbed together . But i continue to chase the hare . But as i run the forms become more and more visible . They have faces bone white mask like faces and the singing gets louder and louder and the forms get taller and taller. I keep running and running then i see something over horizon . A small red sliver  of light . I chase the hare towards it then the light greats brighter and brighter then i realize it's the moon a bright bloody red moon eerie and omenince and far to big .And the hare and i run toward it . And as we do it gets colder  and  colder . Soon it feels like i'm being frozen alive  the dream stops .

Did you have control in that dream? I've never been entirely sure what the 'lucid' in lucid dreaming refers to... whether it just refers to the vividness of the dream, or the state of conscious control you have over it. Vivid dreams that feel real are cool, but the real buzz of lucid dreams is the control you have... where you can just say/think 'I'm bored here, I wanna go somewhere else' and you just will whatever you want and it becomes.

Perhaps it didn't happen all the time with me then.

Does it count as lucid if I tried to exit a dream and I was able to?
(February 16, 2018 at 9:52 am)emjay Wrote:

Nope i have no control .  but it's lucid in just how real it feels.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 802 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  All I Have To Do Is Dream Brian37 31 1433 July 14, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  had had and the lexical ambiguity Rhizomorph13 4 356 March 4, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1348 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2081 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1810 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1679 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  I had no idea my ex wife was in the neighborhood onlinebiker 3 542 January 21, 2019 at 9:35 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  You had one job! Mr.Obvious 7 1232 December 7, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: viocjit
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4141 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic