Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHY WHY WHY??!?!? JUST STOP......
WHY WHY WHY??!?!? JUST STOP......
Why do Atheist spend so much time debating the Bible? Befor you even get to the bible first you must prove there is a god to inspire it. B4 you can even get to the bible you would have to go through a few steps....

1. Prove there is a god
2. Prove what particualar god it is

Untill that is established you cant go throwing out some Holy book as evidence. Once you allow a holy book into the picture then your playing the cherry pick- shifting feild goal game..... And as most of us know it just allows for them to MAKE SHIT UP.

... Granted it can be entertaining to watch the mental gymnastics that would easly take the Gold medal in the olympics.
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
RE: WHY WHY WHY??!?!? JUST STOP......
I don't' spend any time debating the bible, but I do enjoy quoting silly things from it!

I know what you're saying, but I think the bible helps to prove that there isn't a god, because any god worthy of worship wouldn't do all of the ridiculous things that the Bronze Age scribes who wrote the bible said he did.

The bible also helps to disprove the Christian claim that the bible establishes morals that all of humanity can live by. What a load of hooey!

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
That was a cute text speak/all caps rant. Wink I take it you read something frustrating.

Some atheists bring the bible into debates with theists because it is supposedly the model for most theists' beliefs (not often myself because of my ignorance of the bible). That makes perfect sense to me. Saying they shouldn't is tantamount to saying, "You can argue whether or not Gandalf is real, but don't you dare mention the Lord of the Rings." Sounds silly to me.
Quote:Why do Atheist spend so much time debating the Bible?

Well actually,they don't spend ANY time 'as atheists."

I sometimes do,because I'm a skeptic who also happens to be an atheist. That's it;don't see how the why of anything I do is any of your beeswax..Cool Shades
I would say because the bible is the main evidence offered up in support of their sky bully.

It is also a lot of fun quoting the bible to refute their claims that the bible is the main foundation of our morality.

As Sun Tzu pointed out " Know thine enemy" so a working knowledge of the bible is necessary to counter their silly claims.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 13, 2011 at 2:08 am)Shell B Wrote: That was a cute text speak/all caps rant. Wink I take it you read something frustrating.

Yea some thing like that ..... It just seems like all the same crap over and over ...facepalm.. facepalm... facepalm...but how it usualy goes..... theist and the Atheist go back and forth with bible quotes untill the Thesit paints them selves in a corner.. then they either shift the goal post by either going with such favorites such as the ~out of context~We cant know unless we read it in "x" language~god works in mysterious ways~ just gotta have faith~or the just plain ignore that they lost the point and switch the argument entirly......
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
Great point Shell

1. Discussing Gandalf of Lord of the Rings whilst ignoring Lord of the Rings is like discussing God of the bible whilst ignoring the bible.

You start by saying Xyster, that you must prove God exists first... when the bible tells us that you can't prove it. You just proved *1.
(March 13, 2011 at 7:35 am)fr0d0 Wrote: You start by saying Xyster, that you must prove God exists first... when the bible tells us that you can't prove it. You just proved *1.

No it didnt.

Saying 'theres an invisible pixie up my bum but you cant prove it', does not prove that there is an invisible pixie up my bum.Big Grin

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

That would be true if someone just said it DBP.
(March 13, 2011 at 9:13 am)fr0d0 Wrote: That would be true if someone just said it DBP.

Did I miss read you....sorry.

So what did you mean?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14867 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4627 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5444 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Stop calling atheists 'fundamentalists' Dystopia 80 13868 July 25, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Banning it doesn't stop it! Dragonetti 43 8392 June 17, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  It's time to stop pretending God exists! Mystic 26 7207 May 25, 2014 at 8:26 am
Last Post: archangle
  People that just won't stop pestering HarryStanluv25 7 2371 March 11, 2014 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  At what age did you stop praying to Father Christmas Mudhammam 13 4181 January 15, 2014 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  View: Atheists should stop joking about Satan NoMoreFaith 63 21206 March 11, 2012 at 10:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb