Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me understand you better
Help me understand you better
Moderator Notice
Post deleted for violation of the advertising rule:

Advertisements in posts are not allowed without prior staff approval. If you would like permission to advertise, please contact staff using the Questions for Staff subforum.

Please note that this rule also applies to people conducting research, surveys, or asking for members to sign petitions or join causes.

RE: Help me understand you better
What is the biggest problem facing humanity today?
Religion.

What is the solution to humanity's problems?
A much needed downsizing in acceptance of religious ideology.

How can right and wrong be determined?
Subjectively.

What is your attitude about Christians?
Generally, they're not invested enough in the live and let live philosophy.

What is most important to you?
Not applicable.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Thanks, Foxaire! If I understand you correctly, your biggest problem with Christians is not that they believe in God, but that they try to push their belief on others. Do I understand you correctly?
The problem with christians, is christianity. Sure, some of them may also be unable to distinguish right from wrong, or to understand humanity's problems, and perhaps believe that there's a single solution for all or any of them...but..mostly..it's just christianity.

That's the only problem specific to christians.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 26, 2021 at 6:48 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: The problem with christians, is christianity.  Sure, some of them may also be unable to distinguish right from wrong, or to understand humanity's problems, and perhaps believe that there's a single solution for all or any of them...but..mostly..it's just christianity.  

That's the only problem specific to christians.

^This. The overwhelming majority of Christians I’ve known have been perfectly nice people. By and large, of course, most of them are of the cherry-picking, cafeteria-style of Christian, but I’m ok with that. In fact, the further nominal Christians are from Christianity, the nicer they seem to be.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
@pokey555 I don't believe you came here to understand us at all.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 26, 2021 at 6:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In fact, the further nominal Christians are from Christianity, the nicer they seem to be.

Boru
Ironically, this is a perception of Christians and Christian religiosity overwhelmingly shared by Christians apprehending their fellow Christians.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This information requires your:
Full Name
Date of Birth
Credit Information
The name of the street you first lived on
Blood Type
Position you parents used to conceive you
Welcome pokey555. I hope you become a valued contributor.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
What is the biggest problem facing humanity today?
Climate change.

What is the solution to humanity's problems?
Thoughtful allocation of resources rather than a profit-driven "every man for himself" mentality.

How can right and wrong be determined?
It's mostly common sense. Does an action make an individual's life better or worse?

What is your attitude about Christians?
If they stuck with Matthew 25:35-40, no problem. If they try to frighten people into belief with tales of hellfire and judgement, it's an insurmountable problem and I give no quarter.

What is most important to you?
Why do you want to know something so personal? Decline to answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 988 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1577 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  IF you deconverted in midlife, can you help? Dragonfly 222 27587 December 18, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 22111 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The "Hang On You Don't Understand The Scriptures' Excuse JackRussell 27 7106 July 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If the bible/quran/whatever was better, would you've remained theist? A Handmaid 23 3602 September 14, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  I don't understand it: Why am I not confietable with the label "Atheist" ReptilianPeon 15 4027 April 28, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Athene
  christian looking to understand athiests msid 212 34578 August 21, 2015 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  I am better off being a christian than an atheist ZeldaAdmirer 13 4395 November 17, 2014 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Why people who are religious are better and more special Mozart Link 30 5048 August 17, 2014 at 8:05 am
Last Post: ignoramus