Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you pace back and forth?
I pace back and forth when I'm bored, anxious or excited. I get restless very easily and it's also a side-effect of my medication.

I pace up and down a lot to music too, I can't sit still when music is on, and since I can't dance, I pace.

I love music, but I'm getting sick of my pacing, it pisses me off.

Any ideas how to stop doing it?
RE: Do you pace back and forth?
hmm, I pace when Im on the phone.

Have you asked a professional about it?

maybe, don't think about things that make you anxious.

Or try a differnet medication. Stop the medication. Test a few things and see what happens.

Or cut down on the music. Music makes me anxious as well.
Maybe I should talk to a professional about it. I've only thought about it right this moment really - and I've done this for years (I also get really really sweaty palms at random times).

I am thinking about changing my mood stabilizer but I have to do that very slowly and gradually because the Lithium that I'm on is addictive - it would be dangerous to just stop it.

Thank you for your suggestions.

(I'd listen to music less to stop the pacing but the music cheers me up when I'm down - it deals with another problem).
All good.

For sure, slowly and gradually, agreed.

Same with the music, smaller doses.

I pace, I tap my foot, I bounce my leg when I am sitting and I tap my hands and feet on the controls sometimes when I am driving. Just call it having too much of something, whatever it may be. I wouldn't worry about it. It only annoys other people, in my case.
I only do it when im on the phone. I litterally have to leave rooms when I get a call if there's not enough room for me to talk about.
I pace when I am nervous or bored.

It is possible to be both of these at once, when waiting for your wife to give birth for one, that can drag on for bleedin hours.

I feel pacing serves a purpose, it uses up energy you would othewise use on more distructive impulses.
I used to know a man who punched walls, what an idiot.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I don't really pace. What I do is I twirl my hair and when it gets to feel knotty, I, well, pull it out. :/ Very very very bad habit but I do it when I'm stressed, anxious and such. Also the side effects are horrid...
(March 30, 2011 at 11:13 am)8BitAtheist Wrote: I don't really pace. What I do is I twirl my hair and when it gets to feel knotty, I, well, pull it out. :/ Very very very bad habit but I do it when I'm stressed, anxious and such. Also the side effects are horrid...

You should try pacing instead.Wink Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

My pacing never used to bother me. But now it's becoming excessive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring em back and make em rep me J a c k 33 4909 May 24, 2016 at 6:15 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  So I just got back my IQ score and diagnosis and I'm sad MusicLovingAtheist 43 18851 September 26, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
Rainbow How Do You Respond to Transphobic Arguments?/I'm back! Diamond 66 15565 March 28, 2014 at 10:12 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  After Lawsuits and Therapy, Star Wars Kid is Back Autumnlicious 3 2113 June 9, 2010 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: The_Flying_Skeptic