Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
militant atheists with circular ideology
militant atheists with circular ideology
I was surfing when I came across this
http://patriotpost.us/commentary/2011/04...g-atheist/
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei
RE: militant atheists with circular ideology
Quote:Are we surprised that so many atheists pray though?

He's an asshole.
The guy who wrote this article should really look up the what atheist means.
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei
The whole point is that he wants to define it himself. In this, he is little different from other invisible sky-daddy lovers.
(April 6, 2011 at 12:43 am)Minimalist Wrote: The whole point is that he wants to define it himself. In this, he is little different from other invisible sky-daddy lovers.
true.

-- Galileo Galilei
Quote: I've never understood why some atheists use suffering to disprove God, but never see joy as proof of Him. It's a circular ideology that makes little sense, especially with Christ's promise of eternal life.

He didnt go there did he? Yes he did! This argument is so shitty, I cant believe it got published. SHITTY! This argument can be used on every person, of every religion. Example:

Reverend Jeremiah's Asshole Wrote:I've never understood why some atheists use suffering to disprove Zeus, but never see joy as proof of Him. It's a circular ideology that makes little sense, especially with Zeus' promise of eternal life.

According to this mans own method of thinking, he is GUILTY, and just as stupid as that atheist he is trying to cut down.

THESE are the kind of things that inflated ego's and people who act like they know it all miss asshole.

Reverend Jeremiah's Asshole Wrote:I've been taking notes. Dont ask where I store them.

Fuck you asshole!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTRblYTevk
In regards to the "article":

[Image: Double-facepalm.jpg]
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
[Image: Ban-Bucket.jpg]
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
Quote:Indeed, even without death in the background, it's politically-incorrect for Christians to share their faith, but acceptable for militant atheists to evangelize 24/7.

Why is it difficult to understand that forcing your childish beliefs into the public sphere is not the same as asking someone to keep said beliefs to themselves?
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
Yep...well past time to toss this towel-head in the Ban Pool.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Militant Atheism? Data 274 10661 September 24, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christianity's Valuable Contributions to Humanity: An Examination of Militant Atheism Nishant Xavier 137 6912 September 8, 2023 at 4:18 am
Last Post: no one
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "All Scientists Should Be Militant Atheists" SmootherPebble 66 15558 September 20, 2015 at 10:08 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Quiet Atheist vs Militant Atheist z7z 62 11823 May 18, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: abentwookie
  My Thoughts On Militant Atheism Celestine 248 46989 September 19, 2014 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: AtheistBuddha
  Militant Atheism? Jovanian Teapot 30 5474 April 26, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Is Atheistic Humanism the ideology of the Anglo-Sphere? theyear12013 14 5542 January 2, 2014 at 1:30 am
Last Post: theyear12013
  How Should We React When a ‘Militant Atheist’ Beats Up a Pastor? Gooders1002 40 13144 November 5, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Atheism: hatred of God ideology Jesus.of.Nazareth 95 33783 December 30, 2012 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb