Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Noahide Flood
The Noahide Flood
Genesis 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Frankly, atheists are quite happy at the prospect of being eternally separated from a god who destroys the whole Earth because it's too violent.
RE: The Noahide Flood
(November 5, 2023 at 9:14 am)LinuxGal Wrote: Genesis 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Frankly, atheists are quite happy at the prospect of being eternally separated from a god who destroys the whole Earth because it's too violent.

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

(November 5, 2023 at 9:14 am)LinuxGal Wrote: Genesis 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

That story does lay a foundation for incest.
(November 5, 2023 at 9:22 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

Quote:to cover all land on earth you would need to raise the sea level by roughly the height of the highest mountains which are about 8km

earth ahs about 500 million square kilometers of area so that’s 4000,000,000km³ or 400,000,000,000,000,0000m³ or 4,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 liters

and secondly… that’s a good question - because neither is there any source where so much water could suddenly come from, nor is there anywhere it would go

if by magic all land was flooded then it would probably remain so until the earth gets destroyed in billions of years - well, maybe it ges a few meters lower and you gt like 2 tiny mountaintop islands but that’s about it

water can sometimes get into the mantle of the earth but only in very limited amounts and it comes back up again - and tiny amounts of water vapor can be blown off into space but again, tiny amounts
I get the impression that LinuxGal only just arrived on this planet.
(November 5, 2023 at 9:24 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

That story does lay a foundation for incest.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as they keep it in the family.
(November 5, 2023 at 9:26 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 5, 2023 at 9:22 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

Quote:to cover all land on earth you would need to raise the sea level by roughly the height of the highest mountains which are about 8km

earth ahs about 500 million square kilometers of area so that’s 4000,000,000km³ or 400,000,000,000,000,0000m³ or 4,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 liters

and secondly… that’s a good question - because neither is there any source where so much water could suddenly come from, nor is there anywhere it would go

if by magic all land was flooded then it would probably remain so until the earth gets destroyed in billions of years - well, maybe it ges a few meters lower and you gt like 2 tiny mountaintop islands but that’s about it

water can sometimes get into the mantle of the earth but only in very limited amounts and it comes back up again - and tiny amounts of water vapor can be blown off into space but again, tiny amounts

Your numbers are too small, because as the water gets deeper, the surface gets larger in a spherical and not orthogonal manner, and the sphere of the Earth with 8km of water is now 16 km wider in diameter.

(November 5, 2023 at 9:27 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I get the impression that LinuxGal only just arrived on this planet.

Well, we really, really need to go over these stories eleventy thousand times.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 5, 2023 at 10:12 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 5, 2023 at 9:27 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I get the impression that LinuxGal only just arrived on this planet.

Well, we really, really need to go over these stories eleventy thousand times.

Well, just make this another pun thread and you're good to go.
That ship has sailed.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14628 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Flood destroys Tony Perkins' house drfuzzy 14 2086 August 18, 2016 at 10:03 am
Last Post: brewer
  Evisceration of the mythical Global flood goodwithoutgod 13 3251 October 17, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  I have a question about the Great Flood ApeNotKillApe 32 7131 September 28, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna Duke Guilmon 15 5720 April 28, 2014 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Noah's Flood vs Population bottlenecks and the foundereffect Duke Guilmon 1 1392 April 27, 2014 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Did the flood really occur? salty 61 18773 October 25, 2011 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb