Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A challenge to Statler Waldorf
A challenge to Statler Waldorf
Statler made this claim on another thread.

Quote:You're behind on this duscussion Zen. I'll respond to your assertion with one of my own, atheism IS a religion, but that is for a different thread I am afraid.

Well Statler, here is your opportunity to prove that atheism is a religion.

Or are you just piss and wind? which is the opinion I came to after you were unable to come up with a valid mechanism for anisotropic light propagation.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: A challenge to Statler Waldorf
Popcorn
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Popcorn Party Time

Can't wait for this one....should be good Levitate
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
How many times do we have to have this discussion? Atheism is not a religion. How can it be? It's no more a religion than the disbelief in Robin Hood is a religion.

Atheism is simply the position held by an individual that there exists no God or gods. That's it. End. Nothing more. Nil. Zip. Fin!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(April 15, 2011 at 6:43 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Or are you just piss and wind? which is the opinion I came to after you were unable to come up with a valid mechanism for anisotropic light propagation.

stochastic electrodynamics?

[Image: trollface.jpg]
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
Aww Statler just wants to think that we're all just as retarded as he is, why else would he want to call us religious? I think he's getting lonely in la-la land.
I should definately be here. *seat reserved*
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
I thought Statler had pissed off a while ago.

You go away for a week......

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 15, 2011 at 9:46 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I thought Statler had pissed off a while ago.

You go away for a week......

I got a private message from him some days ago. He's still around, if only much busier than usual from what he's told me.
I'm sure he'll return when he has the time.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
If atheism is a religion then being bald is a hairdo.
"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14439 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 4779 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  A challenge! Mystic 87 8576 January 10, 2017 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Astonished
  A challenge! Mystic 3 929 January 3, 2017 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A Challenge to You All: Prove I'm not God FebruaryOfReason 40 6241 February 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Please help me with this personal challenge accidental creation 11 3531 April 28, 2014 at 4:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Challenge for the Atheist eeeeeee7 37 9433 January 11, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Bad Writer
  The Moral Challenge GodsRevolt 22 8658 November 5, 2013 at 8:13 am
Last Post: T.J.
  How we won the James Randi $1,000,000 Paranormal Challenge deltoidmachine 24 8309 August 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: gall
  Formal debate challenge - Taqiyya Mockingbird Jeffonthenet 11 6724 July 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B