Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you're really a spektic then explain this:
If you're really a spektic then explain this:
The book of Revleation predicts in end times there will be a 200 million man army from the East. Now recently China has said it can produce a 200 million man army. How do you explain this coincidence? Is it prophecy? Is it real?
RE: If you're really a spektic then explain this:
[Image: 4eYM.gif]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(January 8, 2024 at 5:04 pm)jasonstackhouse Wrote: The book of Revleation predicts in end times there will be a 200 million man army from the East. Now recently China has said it can produce a 200 million man army. How do you explain this coincidence? Is it prophecy? Is it real?

That passage also says that the army were mounted on lion-headed horses that breathed fire, smoke, and sulphur. When China supplies its troops with such mounts, I’ll consider the prophecy explanation.

There’s also no possible way for China to field 200 million soldiers.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 8, 2024 at 5:04 pm)jasonstackhouse Wrote: The book of Revleation predicts in end times there will be a 200 million man army from the East. Now recently China has said it can produce a 200 million man army. How do you explain this coincidence? Is it prophecy? Is it real?

For me (or anyone) to consider it anything even close to valid the rest of the prophecy must be occurring.

https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/rev/9.html

It's very thinly veiled coincidence at best. Some people see what they want to see.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

1) Source for this alleged Chinese claim, please? Include a link. Make it a credible source.

2) PLA right now is around 2,000,000 active-duty. That means it would have to expand one hundred times current size in order to flesh out this alleged claim. If you know anything about military matters, you'd know that that's essentially impossible within a reasonable time-frame. Remember, you're gonna have to build 100 times more tanks, 100 times more guns, etc, more ships, more airplanes, more missiles.

It follows that Revelation ain't happening anytime soon. I'm very skeptical of horses with dragon heads or whatever LSD-vision was jotted down in that shitty book.

Also, I think China is much more likely to attack Taiwan than Israel -- and I think anyone who thinks otherwise needs to read more real news and do less Christian shitposting.

Is it prophecy?

Is it coincidence?

No, it's bullshit.
Dying to live, living to die.
Instead of jumping right into the deep end...how about a little intro thread?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

@Thump

Imagine all the food and fuel.  Unless they're flinstoning it and eating each other...I can't see the entire globe competently fielding an army that large but just the thought of it makes it worth a try!  Then, if we ever do run into the aliens from magic book, we'll be fuckin ready.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Did you guys forget to pay the pest exterminator?

What you wrote is total bullshit. Point out to me where a) the magic mushroom induced fever dream of John of Patmos talks about a 200 million army and b) where China states it has 1/6 of its population under arms.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1029 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  how do atheists explain nightmare Gano21 19 1355 January 2, 2022 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  No soul? No free will and no responsibility then, yet the latter's essential... Duty 33 4120 August 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Serious] When God isn't the answer to the question, then what is? Catharsis 55 6874 May 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2565 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska
  Ended up having to get fit and then your reggiechasteen 1 955 May 8, 2015 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Exclamation Can someone explain this to me..? please... dyresand 3 1431 November 5, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Does intelligent design explain why... Unsure 23 8142 June 2, 2014 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Can someone explain this ? Laza 4 1596 February 11, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Experiences I still can't explain YET BrokenQuill92 37 7877 February 6, 2014 at 9:48 am
Last Post: kirolo