Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:18 am

Poll: Should the british taxpayer be paying for the BBC to be bible bashing?
This poll is closed.
Yes
46.15%
6 46.15%
No
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC BIBLE BASHING
Sad 
BBC BIBLE BASHING
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010pv3y

here's a program they're showing right now. i know it's 'holy week' or whatever bullshit but why should i be paying my subscription fees for this crap to be played?

the religious types moan that they aren't given any respect, but where the fuck is my respect! i'm not paying fucking taxes for the BBC to show these shitty programs!

i'm sick of religion being crammed down our throats and i wonder if any of you guys are too. religion for me should not have to be payed for BY ME when i dont believe a fucking word of it.
RE: BBC BIBLE BASHING
(April 22, 2011 at 5:43 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: i'm sick of religion being crammed down our throats and i wonder if any of you guys are too. religion for me should not have to be payed for BY ME when i dont believe a fucking word of it.
This is the same BBC that recently had a three-part series with Dr Stavrakopoulou bashing the Bible, right?
(April 22, 2011 at 5:54 am)Eleazar Wrote:
(April 22, 2011 at 5:43 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: i'm sick of religion being crammed down our throats and i wonder if any of you guys are too. religion for me should not have to be payed for BY ME when i dont believe a fucking word of it.
This is the same BBC that recently had a three-part series with Dr Stavrakopoulou bashing the Bible, right?

yeah i hadn't even heard of that program till i just looked it up. either way i dont think religion has any part in what people are paying for.
(April 22, 2011 at 5:57 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: yeah i hadn't even heard of that program till i just looked it up.
Oops.
(April 22, 2011 at 6:01 am)Eleazar Wrote:
(April 22, 2011 at 5:57 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: yeah i hadn't even heard of that program till i just looked it up.
Oops.

lol should i have? i know it was a program presented in an atheist manner but either way, i dont want to be hearing about jesus this and jesus that.
Especially when myself, thousands of other athiests, even muslims, jews, hindus and sikhs are paying for it.
(April 22, 2011 at 6:05 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: lol should i have? i know it was a program presented in an atheist manner but either way, i dont want to be hearing about jesus this and jesus that.
Especially when myself, thousands of other athiests, even muslims, jews, hindus and sikhs are paying for it.
It was pretty well advertised and commented on in the papers. But anyway, if you don't want to hear about Jesus, then don't watch programs about Jesus! And if you don't think it's worth paying the license fee, don't pay it! (I don't.)
(April 22, 2011 at 6:10 am)Eleazar Wrote:
(April 22, 2011 at 6:05 am)Napoleon666 Wrote: lol should i have? i know it was a program presented in an atheist manner but either way, i dont want to be hearing about jesus this and jesus that.
It was pretty well advertised and commented on in the papers. But anyway, if you don't want to hear about Jesus, then don't watch programs about Jesus! And if you don't think it's worth paying the license fee, don't pay it! (I don't.)

Thats not very Christian.

To the OP, what about all the people who pay their license fee who are religious and DO want to hear all this shit? The bbc isn't going to just make programmes aimed at what you want to see on T.V.

you dont pay the tv licence just for the bbc. by law if you are recieving any TV signal you have to pay the licence fees. so even if i don't agree with what the bbc is showing i am still paying for it. THAT IS WRONG!
(April 22, 2011 at 6:14 am)Skipper Wrote: To the OP, what about all the people who pay their license fee who are religious and DO want to hear all this shit? The bbc isn't going to just make programmes aimed at what you want to see on T.V.

so all the people who aren't interested in the bible must pay for the wankers who are? do me a favor. that's not any kind of argument.
You still have licence fees for tv's????

Fuck....
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 22, 2011 at 6:17 am)Napoleon666 Wrote:

you dont pay the tv licence just for the bbc. by law if you are recieving any TV signal you have to pay the licence fees. so even if i don't agree with what the bbc is showing i am still paying for it. THAT IS WRONG!
(April 22, 2011 at 6:14 am)Skipper Wrote: To the OP, what about all the people who pay their license fee who are religious and DO want to hear all this shit? The bbc isn't going to just make programmes aimed at what you want to see on T.V.

so all the people who aren't interested in the bible must pay for the wankers who are? do me a favor. that's not any kind of argument.

What about all the sports that get shown? Most of my family hate watching football or golf, but they have to pay for that. Or the dramas, I don't watch eastenders but millions do...why should my license fee go towards that??!!

Of course it's an argument, how, when you have a publicly funded T.V station are you supposed to be producing T.V shows that everyone likes and agrees with the content of? It's impossible.

What would be your argument then for removing all religious T.V shows just because you didn't like them?

And Zen yea we do, it's about £140 per household and I live with 4 other people so it costs me around £28 a year ,and value wise the BBC is the best source of entertainment I think we have in this country, No adverts during shows, one of the best news sources in the world, some brilliant comedy and world class documentaries all available 24/7 on demand from the BBC website. I genuinely have no problem paying the license fee, and would hate to have a bbc funded by advertising and driven by profits like all the other channels.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three Cheetahs Vs Ostrich | Life | BBC Earth WinterHold 10 917 October 4, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Piracy: Responding to BBC Aractus 25 2699 September 23, 2015 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Aractus
  BBC the atheist tapes pocaracas 7 1677 October 2, 2013 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Aheists complain of lack of representation on the BBC downbeatplumb 5 917 July 3, 2013 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  BBC Horizon - The Secret You Justtristo 3 1818 June 13, 2012 at 8:06 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Smile I was on BBC "Have Your Say" as a panelist! Anymouse 4 1437 August 3, 2011 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Wow! BBC asks for my opinion! Floored and flummoxed! Anymouse 5 2229 July 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: fr0d0