Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Rodda is giving away "Liars For Jesus" on religious revisionism in the US
Chris Rodda is giving away "Liars For Jesus" on religious revisionism in the US
Chris Rodda Wrote:A few hours ago, I was about to sit down at my computer to do my usual thing -- write about the Daily Show interview, and debunk the specific lies that Barton was able to get in. But instead I found myself staring at the big Ben Franklin poster on my wall, and changed my mind. Sure, I could write about the particular snippets of disinformation and dishonesty that spewed forth from Barton during this particular interview, but what good would that do? Been there; done that. Then, staring up at the face of Ben Franklin, it was his words, "Do well by doing good," that suddenly popped into my head.

"Do well by doing good." The words of a man who could have become outrageously wealthy by patenting his inventions, but decided to just let everybody have them for the public good have now been stuck in my head for hours, and aren't going to leave until I do what I'm about to do: give my book away for free.

Can I afford to do this? No. Do I need to do this? Yes! Will lots of people download it and read it? I have no freakin' idea. It's just what I need to do to be able to look Ben Franklin in the eye on that poster on my wall.
REF: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-rodd...58148.html
REF: http://www.liarsforjesus.com/downloads/LFJ_FINAL.pdf

RE: Chris Rodda is giving away "Liars For Jesus" on religious revisionism in the US
I like it ... and what better role model?

(a Deist I believe - but that's beside the point)

I like the positivity.Great
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Chris Rodda is giving away "Liars For Jesus" on religious revisionism in the US
The reason she is giving it away is to raise awareness of the extant to which the Right in the US rewrites history after a rather poorly executed interview on the Daily Show, where Jon Stewart interviewed a well known Liar for Jesus and let quite a few falsehoods go unnoticed, much to the chagrin of critics.
I don't have a problem looking Benjamin Franklin in the eye.

Do you believe this person's free material is worth reading??
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I wish more people used Ben Franklin for a life example.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(May 6, 2011 at 6:00 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I don't have a problem looking Benjamin Franklin in the eye.

Do you believe this person's free material is worth reading??

Yes, it is worth reading. In the first chapter, I've seen plenty of gems of information that I've not seen before.
I'll probably download it and add it to the pile of books I have but haven't bothered to read then Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to keep Republicans away from the polls Foxaèr 3 560 October 26, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Early Trump supporter Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY) arrested for insider trading Aegon 1 365 August 11, 2018 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The WLB Wishes He Could Get Away With This Minimalist 1 499 May 30, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Piss Away Billions Because The WLB Knows Fuckall About Geography? Minimalist 6 1190 January 22, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Will these types ever go away? NuclearEnergy 14 2933 August 13, 2017 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Take away money from PP and Food stamps to fund border wall NuclearEnergy 72 13571 July 18, 2017 at 3:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Kelleyanne Conway vs Chris Cumo NuclearEnergy 1 570 July 10, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Stay Out Of The Water Chris-Someone May Throw A Harpoon At You Minimalist 14 3650 July 3, 2017 at 4:02 am
Last Post: GUBU
  OH No, Donald....More Coal Jobs Going Away Minimalist 2 635 March 20, 2017 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Real Election is 2 days away!! Jehanne 47 8156 December 23, 2016 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Amarok