Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your brand new Agnostic-Deist
Your brand new Agnostic-Deist
Hello, folks. My name is Dean and I was referenced here by Shell B from another forum. I'm not going to lie, I am very excited about this forum. The last one I posted on was a writer's forum. There were Christians on there that liked to argue (not debate), but their posts were always similar to "Prove we are wrong" or "God exists whether you believe in him or not." After as I long I was there it just isn't even funny anymore. So I am ready from some lively discussions.

I am a former Christian. I was a Christian all the way up until my first year in college when I was studying Youth Ministry at a religious institution. Then the Devil got to me. Wink

Dean
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Dean
RE: Your brand new Agnostic-Deist
(May 26, 2011 at 9:40 pm)Dean-o Wrote: There were Christians on there that liked to argue (not debate), but their posts were always similar to "Prove we are wrong" or "God exists whether you believe in him or not."

You get those everywhere Big Grin

Welcome aboard.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Quote:but their posts were always similar to "Prove we are wrong" or "God exists whether you believe in him or not."

Yeah - they are pretty much a one-trick pony. Still, they are good for a laugh or two on occasion.
Hey, Dean! Good to see you in here.
Keep rounding them up, Shel.
So you are not sure if the goddess exists or not?
(May 26, 2011 at 10:32 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: So you are not sure if the goddess exists or not?

Well, really Agnostic-Deist is a cop out. lol I am more of an agnostic, but I don't like seeming like I am sitting on the fence. The reason I chose deist is because I am leaning more toward Pandeism than anything else. I used to just refer to myself as a Deist, but decided that wasn't the whole truth.
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

Dean
Agnostic deist = you are uncertain about a god who doesn't matter anyway.

I like that. Do you get many holidays with that one?
(May 26, 2011 at 9:40 pm)Dean-o Wrote: I am a former Christian. I was a Christian all the way up until my first year in college when I was studying Youth Ministry at a religious institution. Then the Devil got to me. Wink

Dean

Hello, my grandparents also send me to school to become a priest but the Devil also got me ^_^
Kratos Killed Zeus; When is Christ's Turn?
Welcome from another agnostic deist.

You may want a different icon, though. For a moment, I thought Downbeat had just shifted his philosophy.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hi, agnostic here :) Erin27 31 3837 April 17, 2017 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hi, an agnostic here ... just agnostic. TheHuxleyAgnostic 47 4128 November 12, 2016 at 4:06 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Agnostic among Atheists doomed 43 9128 November 8, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Viocjit the agnostic viocjit 29 7291 September 30, 2016 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: c172
  Ex Christian, relieved to be an agnostic atheist SerenelyBlue 28 4494 September 7, 2016 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Weak atheist/deist here, hello! vixene 59 9296 August 11, 2015 at 9:32 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  I guess I'm agnostic? gubeym 19 3748 May 27, 2015 at 1:11 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Brand new here 3/18/15 LiveAboard Sailor 17 1788 March 18, 2015 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Agnostic leaning towards atheism OGirly 18 5233 March 16, 2014 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  From theist to agnostic to atheist to agnostic to freethinker and... old man 70 21259 August 26, 2013 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Sword of Christ