Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Isn’t atheism really just an excuse to continue in unrepented sin?
Isn’t atheism really just an excuse to continue in unrepented sin?
All have sinned.
Sin separates us from God.
Denial doesn’t change the reality.
Simply do what God requires, confess your sins to God, truly sorry from your heart and simply ask His forgiveness. He will, completely, even if you’ve been atheist or homosexual. Then turn from your sins and turn *to* God proving your repentance is real. Trust that Jesus’ death on the cross took the punishment your sins deserved. All who do will receive eternal life and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to do what He commands. Why do you delay?
RE: Isn’t atheism really just an excuse to continue in unrepented sin?
(June 14, 2011 at 10:57 pm)Charkie Wrote: All have sinned.
Simply do what God requires, confess your sins to God, truly sorry from your heart and simply ask His forgiveness. He will, completely, even if you’ve been atheist or homosexual. Then turn from your sins and turn *to* God proving your repentance is real. Trust that Jesus’ death on the cross took the punishment your sins deserved. All who do will receive eternal life and be empowered by the Holy Spirit to do what He commands. Why do you delay?

Oh shit! He's got us figured out guys! He's realised that the only reason we're 'atheists' is because we enjoy sinning! The jig is up! PANIC STATIONS! The way I see it we have two choices

a) Accept jesus as our personal saviour and renounce our atheism or homosexuality (not both though?), which only the only testament god and paul seemed to have issues with
b) Continue sinning, despite our belief in god that we simply deny, and end up in the eternal agony which we KNOW is real.
Its hard to reply seriously but I will try as your new.

Sin is a Christian idea. Being that we are not Christian we don't believe sin.

Imagine a Muslim threating you with their version of hell. That's how we view you one step farther removed as we don't believe in any version of hell.
Charkie,

You should really read our information for theists post before you continue preaching on this site.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-3559.html

I've provided a link. Smile

Edit: added the name of the person I was posting to. Smile
You're right, denial doesn't change reality. No matter how much you deny the fact your god doesn't exist, the reality that he is a mythological deity thought up ancient people that thought the world was flat will never change. I guess I'd rather live in what you call 'sin' than utter stupidity.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
All have sinned.
Sin separates us from Zeus.
Simply do what Zeus requires, confess your sins to Zeus, truly sorry from your heart and simply ask His forgiveness. He will, completely, even if you’ve been atheist or failed to read Plato. Then turn from your sins and turn *to* Zeus proving your repentance is real. Trust that Zeus’ herp on the derp took the punishment your sins deserved. All who do will receive eternal life and be empowered by Zeus to do what He commands. Why do you delay?

Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
(June 14, 2011 at 10:57 pm)Charkie Wrote: All have sinned.

Tell me more Charkie.

Tell me how god loves us all so much that he sacrificed himself to himself to get around a rule that he made himself. Tell me how much he loves us by casting about 90% of us into a place of fiery torture. Please, o please tell me where I can sign up to serve such a god. I don't want to 'delay' any longer.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(June 15, 2011 at 12:14 am)lilphil1989 Wrote: All have sinned.
Sin separates us from Zeus.
Simply do what Zeus requires, confess your sins to Zeus, truly sorry from your heart and simply ask His forgiveness. He will, completely, even if you’ve been atheist or failed to read Plato. Then turn from your sins and turn *to* Zeus proving your repentance is real. Trust that Zeus’ herp on the derp took the punishment your sins deserved. All who do will receive eternal life and be empowered by Zeus to do what He commands. Why do you delay?

I don't think this is good advice.
If you are going to do something Zeus has told us not to, best be sneaky about it.
Waiting until the king goes off to some war is a good approach, 'cause Zeus is shore to be busy visiting the Queen.
If you do something naughty don't bring it to his attention. If you're discreet he might mutter "little scamp" and laugh, but if you point out you've defied him, well he'll be obliged to lightning bolt your ass.

[Image: YgZ8E.png]
(June 15, 2011 at 12:31 am)The Magic Pudding Wrote: I don't think this is good advice.
If you are going to do something Zeus has told us not to, best be sneaky about it.
Waiting until the king goes off to some war is a good approach, 'cause Zeus is shore to be busy visiting the Queen.
If you do something naughty don't bring it to his attention. If you're discreet he might mutter "little scamp" and laugh, but if you point out you've defied him, well he'll be obliged to Prometheus your ass.

Added a scarier effect. Wink
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
[quote='Charkie' pid='145595' dateline='1308106653']
All have sinned.

This is not fair, you are only asking atheist, atheist could be going to a lower level of hell, butt what about the rest of us.

I hope this thread is going to be fair for all of usAngry

According to the Bible estimates only 144,000 will go to Hell, That's 144,000
About 101, 000,000 soul who ever have lived on this earth are gone to hell 101, 000,000

How come atheist gets to be with Most or All of their Family and friend suffering forever together in Hell?

Why can’t a non religious and non atheist like me, be included your extreme S&M AdventureDevil

Gee, I really feel left out here, can any of you atheist here say something to lower my spirits
Angry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pride - the worst sin according to C.S.Lewis Duty 72 7332 February 25, 2023 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Isnt Atheism just Marxism Sweden83 37 3136 December 21, 2020 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  [Serious] When God isn't the answer to the question, then what is? Catharsis 55 6874 May 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3504 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  What atheism is REALLY all about SisterAgatha 71 10309 October 13, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  The "Hang On You Don't Understand The Scriptures' Excuse JackRussell 27 7106 July 11, 2017 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27117 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do atheists think Original Sin isn't real? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 6756 January 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Are the words "Sin" and "Hell" a trigger to you Atheists? Mystical 54 5724 January 3, 2017 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Are the wlrds "Sin" and "Hell" a trigger to you Atheists? Mystical 8 1515 January 2, 2017 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Mystical