Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus was a jew right?
Jesus was a jew right?
While working away i asked anun the following question which she would/could not answer

Jesus was a jew, jewish males are circumsized, so why are christans not circumsised...............thier main diety was a jew

A
EE WA EE WA, WIGGY WIGGY WIGGY, PLUNGA A PLUNGA A
RE: Jesus was a jew right?
(June 21, 2011 at 10:51 pm)AngelaRachnid Wrote: While working away i asked anun the following question which she would/could not answer

Jesus was a jew, jewish males are circumsized, so why are christans not circumsised...............thier main diety was a jew

A

Jesus is fiction. Asking if he is a jew or circumsized for that matter is pointless. It is kind of like asking if Apollo was right-handed.
(June 21, 2011 at 10:51 pm)AngelaRachnid Wrote: While working away i asked anun the following question which she would/could not answer

A

Well, from what I've heard, it seemed to be a casualty of Christianity broadening out of being a mere sect of Judaism. When the Apostle Paul discovered that there would be Gentiles who would be better suited, it became much easier to get them to convert when they didn't have to subject themselves to Jewish customs like circumcision or a kosher diet.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Circumcision is awesome. Christians should try it. Wait, a ton of them do.
Quote:While working away i asked a nun the following question

I thought nuns knew everything about cock.
Nearly all the christians I know are circumcised. Unless they're lying --- admittedly, I haven't seen their penises to verify their claims.

Maybe I'm not understanding the point of the OP ? ? ? ? ??

[Image: Evolution.png]

Jesus was always a Jew. The religion he belonged to practiced circumcision, not the one he founded. If the two belief systems were identical, then one would have been superfluous to requirement. And also Christianity had an alternative to it and that was baptism. Which ironically was practiced by John The Baptist before Christianity came into existence. And the laying of water on skin was also symbolic in Judaism. Jesus himself both had his own feet washed and washed others' too.
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
Jesus was as much a jew as Frodo was from the shire.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

A

Paul already settled this issue. Apparently, Jesus bleeding on a cross fulfilled the need to mutilate the genitals of male babies. Go figure.

The Brick Testament Link
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:Paul already settled this issue. Apparently, Jesus bleeding on a cross fulfilled the need to mutilate the genitals of male babies. Go figure.

And San Francisco has picked up the gauntlet!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/18...63945.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1561 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8281 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  Jesus the Jew, yet non-Jew Foxaèr 21 3547 January 19, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Jew/Muslim are religions NOT A RACE Brian37 24 4899 May 1, 2015 at 4:13 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Interview with a teenage Orthodox Jew who questions his faith. TheHunterCook 2 1478 January 22, 2012 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13206 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard