Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Smile Hello, guys

I have been reading these forums for a while now and finally decided to create an account. I was raised Catholic my whole life but never really believed in anything, and after serious time thinking about life's biggest questions, I came to the conclusion that I was always an atheist. My family is extremely religious so I probably won't tell them anytime soon, but it feels nice to know that there's a place where people share your beliefs and views on life. I look forward to having interesting conversations with you guys.

RE: Hello!
Hey! How are ya?
Welcome to dah forums. Make yourself at home. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Welcome! How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? I just wonder how much longer you have to pretend to pray and the like.
(July 20, 2011 at 6:24 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: Hey! How are ya?
Welcome to dah forums. Make yourself at home. Big Grin

Thanks Ace! Smile

I was actually looking at the Miss Universe interviews last night and had to stop at around 2 minutes. I couldn't listen to the horrible garbage those women were spewing. Our education system is failing. Miserably.
(July 20, 2011 at 6:14 pm)weechi1987 Wrote: but it feels nice to know that there's a place where people share your beliefs and views on life.

What bloody beliefs? Tongue

Welcome.
(July 20, 2011 at 6:27 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Welcome! How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? I just wonder how much longer you have to pretend to pray and the like.

Thanks! I'm 24 but I don't pray at all. The only one that actually knows about my atheism is my father and I've talked to him about it. He got upset, of course, but it felt liberating when I told him.
Oh! Okay. I assumed that you were a teenager and didn't want your parents to know yet. Don't mind me.

I know what you mean, though. I'm 46 and my parents and I never broach the subject, as they are not happy that I don't believe... even though they've known that for 30 years now.
Yeah, I know what you mean! It's pretty tough out there. Especially if you come from a traditional Mexican background. People look at me like I'm some kind of racist gringo when I tell them I'm atheist Tongue
(July 20, 2011 at 6:42 pm)weechi1987 Wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean! It's pretty tough out there. Especially if you come from a traditional Mexican background. People look at me like I'm some kind of racist gringo when I tell them I'm atheist Tongue

Quite different here in England. If you came out and said you're an atheist, you'll have a load of people say "me too!". Fuck, everyone I work with are atheists. Hardly anyone actually goes to a church, let alone believe in any of it. Some do. Tongue

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(July 20, 2011 at 7:02 pm)Ace Otana Wrote:
(July 20, 2011 at 6:42 pm)weechi1987 Wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean! It's pretty tough out there. Especially if you come from a traditional Mexican background. People look at me like I'm some kind of racist gringo when I tell them I'm atheist Tongue

Quite different here in England. If you came out and said you're an atheist, you'll have a load of people say "me too!". Fuck, everyone I work with are atheists. Hardly anyone actually goes to a church, let alone believe in any of it. Some do. Tongue

That sounds really awesome. Right now I'm working on my geology degree and when I get finished, I'm headed to the Pacific Northwest. Preferably Portland or Seattle Cool Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6015 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3650 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates