Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Just signed up here.

I post over at the other atheist forums (.com), off and on, but they have an admin that seems to pull the trigger too quickly on banning creationists and theists that have misconceptions about the meaning of atheism, so I thought I'd come over here and try this forum out.

I'm looking forward to some good debate and discussion. But I also like toying with creationists too.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
RE: Hello!
Well, you'll love debating, Statler then. He's our resident YEC (young earth creationist). I can't stand the guy, but feel free to rip him to shreds. Tongue

Anyway, welcome. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
On the other hand I don't think we've ever banned someone for having misconceptions. Preaching yes. Misconceptions? Not in my memory.

But I wouldn't trust that memory with a penny. As if I cared about pennies these days. Probably would roll them into one of those airport things. Wheeeeee. It's actually boring as hell.

Have fun and I welcome the clearly bored person who sounds like they could be fun Heart

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(July 20, 2011 at 7:32 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: I post over at the other atheist forums (.com), off and on, but they have an admin that seems to pull the trigger too quickly on banning creationists and theists that have misconceptions about the meaning of atheism, so I thought I'd come over here and try this forum out.
Well you'll be glad to hear that being a creationist or misinformed theist is not a crime here. There isn't any fun if you don't have someone to argue with.
Quote:but they have an admin that seems to pull the trigger too quickly on banning creationists and theists

Best thing to do with them.

Hey Simon! Welcome to the forums! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hello and welcome Moonie Smile

We have hoards of misinformed atheists too. Probably not quite as many as on AF.com. Well not as extremely retarded anyway Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6015 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3650 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates