Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Athiest
Former Athiest
First Post YAY! Ok guys I was raised in a Muslim Family and was Muslim just by name all my life. I knew nothing about Islam what so ever. When I was 18 I turned athiest, because i had all these questions. Who is God, who created god, etc..... normal questions that anyone would ask. So I remained athiest for like a year. Then... i started studying the religions again. Long story short, I studied Islam and saw the scientific references in the Quran then reverted back to Islam. Now...I asked myself that, who could have written these things at a time where we did not have technological means to do so.

My question is, what do Athiests say about the the scientific miracles in the Quran? Such as references to Embryology, big bang theory, etc...

RE: Former Athiest
Please, take every single "Scientific resource" you can name and present them for us, as they appear in the Quran AND why you believe they are supported by modern science.
I don't know what kind of "Atheist" you were because you can't even spell it right. You're welcome Smile
(July 23, 2011 at 1:27 am)theVOID Wrote: Please, take every single "Scientific resource" you can name and present them for us.

If only it was that easy.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
(July 23, 2011 at 1:27 am)MilesTailsPrower Wrote: I don't know what kind of "Atheist" you were because you can't even spell it right. You're welcome Smile

haha I typed it in rush, because i was very curious for the answer.
This is the best evidence I could find.

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
(July 23, 2011 at 1:27 am)theVOID Wrote: Please, take every single "Scientific resource" you can name and present them for us, as they appear in the Quran AND why you believe they are supported by modern science.

I am going to have to give u a link, because if I retype it, i would be here forever.

Here is a link. http://www.islamanswers.net/Quran/references.htm

I just couldn't ignore these references, just wanna get the viewpoint of Atheists of this.
(July 23, 2011 at 1:26 am)clipse26i Wrote: My question is, what do Athiests say about the the scientific miracles in the Quran? Such as references to Embryology, big bang theory, etc...

Simply modern knowledge being shoehorned into vague passages in some sort of attempt to give scientific credit to a book that has no right being mentioned in the same sentence as the word 'science.'

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 23, 2011 at 1:26 am)clipse26i Wrote: When I was 18 I turned athiest, because i had all these questions. Who is God, who created god, etc..... normal questions that anyone would ask. So I remained athiest for like a year.
ATHEIST, not athiest, spellcheck is your friend, of course looking at the banner never hurt.

I need to ask you an honest question first, when you were 18 did you still believe in a god/creator while questioning your core beliefs?
(July 23, 2011 at 1:46 am)clipse26i Wrote:
(July 23, 2011 at 1:27 am)theVOID Wrote: Please, take every single "Scientific resource" you can name and present them for us, as they appear in the Quran AND why you believe they are supported by modern science.

I am going to have to give u a link, because if I retype it, i would be here forever.

Here is a link. http://www.islamanswers.net/Quran/references.htm

I just couldn't ignore these references, just wanna get the viewpoint of Atheists of this.

If you're going to be so lazy that you'll only post a link then I'm going to do exactly the same.

So go do some reading;

http://debunkingquranicscience.blogspot.com/
(July 23, 2011 at 1:52 am)Welsh cake Wrote:
(July 23, 2011 at 1:26 am)clipse26i Wrote: When I was 18 I turned athiest, because i had all these questions. Who is God, who created god, etc..... normal questions that anyone would ask. So I remained athiest for like a year.
ATHEIST, not athiest, spellcheck is your friend, of course looking at the banner never hurt.

I need to ask you an honest question first, when you were 18 did you still believe in a god/creator while questioning your core beliefs?

Reconsider that. It's Spell-check. Thank you Spell-check.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former JW Athena 41 3471 July 7, 2019 at 5:17 am
Last Post: veoli
  O-Oh Athiest-Kisha, notice me B-Baka! SenpaiNoticeMeYouBlindShmuck 10 2465 October 10, 2016 at 6:11 am
Last Post: EruptedCarcassBloat
  Hi from an Aussie Athiest Eclipse 17 2003 February 13, 2016 at 7:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Athiest forums! warlocksarebest 22 3060 November 7, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: c172
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 3838 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Is It Hypocritical Of Me To Be Athiest? Cheese-Is-Christ 26 5035 October 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Hi, former pentecostal here Roger Mellie 23 3075 July 12, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Former Roman Catholic Here Sagasa 24 6259 March 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Former Pentecostal Christian Fruity 28 5962 February 27, 2013 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Fruity
  Hello from a former Baptist formerbaptist 17 2902 February 27, 2013 at 1:46 am
Last Post: justin