Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 12:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-Oh Athiest-Kisha, notice me B-Baka!
O-Oh Athiest-Kisha, notice me B-Baka!
Yo

I'm Senpai, and I'm a 23 year old male non-believer in the UK. I was raised as a Catholic, but over the past few years I've come to a position of non belief. I might go into more detail in the de-conversion story area later.

Not putting Atheist in my religion box is more nitpicking than anything else, sure I can't say I know 100% the supernatural doesn't exist but I'm confident it does not. I am however absolutely certain however that while religion may have once had a place in comforting an otherwise oppressed masses for several centuries now it does infinitely more harm than good. I think Nietzsche hit the nail on the head when he was talking about slave morality taking over, not merely the abrahamic faiths but Buddhism, Hinduism; any faith that has ever held a majority are all guilty of the same charges in different parts of the world.

I don't really care if God exists or not, I think dogma and religious convictions are toxic and dangerous and said deities existence or non is unlikely to improve my views upon the activities of their self proclaimed servitors. I really compare it to someone who takes drugs; I'm not going to stop them trying to kill themselves but they sure are not going to make me watch or join in with them.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you better.
RE: O-Oh Athiest-Kisha, notice me B-Baka!
Welcome.
Welcome.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You are senpai? So you want yourself to notice you? Wut?

Also, welcome to AF Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome, oh complicated named one.
Welcome what in the what what who?

p.s. as the word is used here, you can call yourself an Atheist even if you're not 100% sure that God (whatever that is) doesn't exist. Barely anyone here would claim to be 100% sure for anything but logically inconsistent Gods.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome, Jewish-manga-themed-named one Smile
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Welcome from the UK, good to see another brit on board. Would you like a cup of tea?

Sum ergo sum
(September 19, 2016 at 7:33 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Welcome.

(September 19, 2016 at 8:00 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome! Big Grin
(September 19, 2016 at 8:32 am)Losty Wrote: You are senpai? So you want yourself to notice you? Wut?

Also, welcome to AF Smile

A yandere complex perhaps? Shy  I could have thought more about my username

Thanks!

(September 19, 2016 at 8:36 am)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome, oh complicated named one.

Thank you Smile
(September 19, 2016 at 8:45 am)Alex K Wrote: Welcome what in the what what who?

p.s. as the word is used here, you can call yourself an Atheist even if you're not 100% sure that God (whatever that is) doesn't exist. Barely anyone here would claim to be 100% sure for anything but logically inconsistent Gods.

Oh that's good to know! I wasn't entirely sure what definition this forum tended towards. Guess I'll go tweak that tag now after I post this. Thank you.

(September 19, 2016 at 9:01 am)Iroscato Wrote: Welcome, Jewish-manga-themed-named one Smile

Takeh! Oy vey iz mir, it's a politer version of another handle I used to use a while ago elsewhere. Tongue

(September 19, 2016 at 9:06 am)Ben Davis Wrote: Welcome from the UK, good to see another brit on board. Would you like a cup of tea?

Funnily enough I could murder one that doesn't taste like it had a teabag only waved at it right about now. M'yes old boy, pour us one would you Heart
Interesting new member is interesting.

Here's hoping you turn out ok.

Welcome aboard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi from an Aussie Athiest Eclipse 17 1976 February 13, 2016 at 7:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Athiest forums! warlocksarebest 22 2986 November 7, 2014 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: c172
  Is It Hypocritical Of Me To Be Athiest? Cheese-Is-Christ 26 4975 October 9, 2013 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Hello from a frum Israeli Athiest EGross 7 2342 February 19, 2013 at 10:53 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Black Female Athiest Looking for Atheist Friends! Chemelonique 25 7539 July 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Another Athiest Reporting In theotherone 7 1983 December 21, 2011 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Former Athiest clipse26i 40 13692 July 25, 2011 at 9:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Athiest Evolutionist Jem12 10 3679 June 8, 2011 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: eric209
  Lutheran, drunk athiest, God, christian, non-religious, voice of God bjhulk 30 11506 February 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: OnlyNatural
  Alaska Athiest! paintpooper 20 6189 May 30, 2010 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious