Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Hi. My name is Adam and I joined this forum to read discussion of atheism, as well as discussions of anything else important to the forum. I live in a very Christian town, so anything that is different from the norm will result in ostracism and a bad rep. So, for me, this is a place where I can come out of my shell and be myself. To talk about different views on different subjects from a logical and open-minded perspective. I look forward to being a part of you guys! ^_^
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand
RE: Hello!
It's strange isn't it? By all rights and studying the life of Jesus, a Christian town should really be the one place where you can be sure of kindness, understanding, tolerance, openness and warmth. And yet it seems the exact opposite is the case, especially in the States Undecided

Anyway, welcome along and be sure to have fun Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hi and welcome Tabansi. Ditto to what Dar said above.
Nice to have a Hindu aboard, makes for a refreshing break from all the christianity. Hope you enjoy your stay.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 25, 2011 at 4:46 am)Darwinian Wrote: It's strange isn't it? By all rights and studying the life of Jesus, a Christian town should really be the one place where you can be sure of kindness, understanding, tolerance, openness and warmth. And yet it seems the exact opposite is the case, especially in the States Undecided

Anyway, welcome along and be sure to have fun Big Grin

Yeah, it baffles me, as well. They all claim to be tolerant and open-minded, but they're really not. All the the middle-aged people and up are very much like Bill O'Reilly. They never admit that they're wrong and they think that anyone who doesn't believe in the Bible is a sinner. Oh, well :/ I'm out of high school in 2014 and I can move into college. So it's not all that bad. And thanks! I'm sure I will Big Grin
"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand
Welcome to the forums. Smile
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Quote:Yeah, it baffles me, as well.

It won't as soon as you realize the xtians are primarily full of shit.

Welcome aboard.
Well, to be fair, they don't have the BS market cornered...there are always other religious groups. Wink Shades
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 25, 2011 at 4:20 am)Tabansi Wrote: Hi. My name is Adam and I joined this forum to read discussion of atheism, as well as discussions of anything else important to the forum. I live in a very Christian town, so anything that is different from the norm will result in ostracism and a bad rep. So, for me, this is a place where I can come out of my shell and be myself. To talk about different views on different subjects from a logical and open-minded perspective. I look forward to being a part of you guys! ^_^

Welcome to the forum, Tabansi Smile

Hindu is certainly more welcome here now that Shiva has been responsible for our 66 tote day. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6014 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3649 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates