Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 2:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peaks to behold - Beautiful Mountains of the World
Peaks to behold - Beautiful Mountains of the World
[Image: 6179592.jpg]
Fans of the "Lord of the Rings" movies will recognize New Zealand’s Mount Ngauruhoe as the stand-in for Mount Doom. In real life, the mountain isn’t so ominous; it’s part of a beautiful North Island hiking route with views of Lake Taupo and Mount Tongariro. The volcano is still active — it last erupted in 1977 — and visitors to the summit can see fumaroles in the crater and smell strong sulfurous gases. (Full View)

Nature is breathtaking.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: Peaks to behold - Beautiful Mountains of the World
Quote:Nature is breathtaking.

Yep...until capitalist pigs build a Starbucks on it.
I came in here expecting boobs. I am disappoint.
ROFLOL
So Min, what would you posit as an ideal substitute to Capitalism?

"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
(July 26, 2011 at 5:11 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: So Min, what would you posit as an ideal substitute to Capitalism?

Probably something that doesn't depend on a stupid -ism but has feedback systems to keep from aberrant wealth distribution/behaviors developing in the population?
I'd post pictures of some of the ranges I've seen in Alaska (And the one across the inlet from me)... but alas none of the ones I saw on the net did it credit. Totally miss out on a shot of all of them together... Kalgan Island, Spur, Illiamna, Redoubt, nameless or otherwise small mountains, and Augustine in the long-distance periphery. Aleutian Range. Pretty stuff, especially when flying over.

Also the Kenai Mountains. There are some places where you can look out from and see mountains on both sides. The Chugach Mountains aren't so bad either.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(July 26, 2011 at 5:11 pm)Judas BentHer Wrote: So Min, what would you posit as an ideal substitute to Capitalism?

No "ism." Anyone who thinks he has all the answers is a shithead.

The US did quite well in the 50's and 60's when the government regulated the business fucks and the workers had unions to protect them. The rich were still rich but they did not have the pretensions to be the French Aristorcracy that they are working on now.

[Image: 42-15880764.jpg]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I used to be able to see this beauty (Mount Rainier) wherever I went. I hate to say that I got a little used to it and even took to calling it "The Mountain." Now I miss it terribly.

[Image: washington-mount-rainier-national-park-o...-wa101.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 10003 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  She's real. Behold, I'm Emma's prophet! J a c k 36 3910 June 25, 2016 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Most Beautiful Places in America CapnAwesome 3 1243 July 4, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Awesome and beautiful apartment abandoned for 70s discovered almost untouched Ryantology 10 3534 February 3, 2014 at 2:51 am
Last Post: pocaracas