Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A drug dealer and his apprentice
A drug dealer and his apprentice
The lovely Summer Queen can attest to one undeniable fact about me: I'm a big guy. Not exactly fat. I got muscle. I'm--as a doctor so wonderfully put it for me--a tank. So one of the things I never have to worry about is being mugged. You see me and you see a guy half my size two feet away (which...sigh...is a lot of guys) and you're going to go for lean and vulnerable.

But my suspicions on how muggers choose their prey has been validated tonight! While through the subway station in West Philly, a young man asked me for two quarters. This is a common scheme. Two quarters is actually a bitch to fish out, and when you're rummaging through your wallet or purse, they attack you, grab your shit, and run. Even though I wasn't going to fall for this, another, slightly older guy came out from behind a pillar and said to the young apprentice: "No. No. No. You don't pull the mug on a guy like this. Sell to him? By all means. But look at this guy. He's a bear--no offense dude--and you're a fox. You might bite him, but he'll eat you--again, no offense."

It's good to know that there is a school for young men aspiring to such heights.

Oh, and I did tell an officer when I left the station, who grunted, asked if anyone was hurt, and then went back to leaning on the stairs. West Philly...gotta love it.
[Image: 6121710308_8a5303c7dd_o.png]
RE: A drug dealer and his apprentice
It's so nice to see the old mentoring the young.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
You should have asked what he was selling.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Ha! Idiot. He should have waited until you fished out the two quarters to tell the kid. He just lost 50 cents.

Crooks always play on people's sympathies. In my opinion, that is worse than robbing someone. My stepson took a course at his karate dojo in protecting himself from what they called "evil warriors." Haha. Most of what they taught him was to get an adult to help if someone is in trouble because "evil warriors" will pretend to be injured.
(September 21, 2011 at 12:03 am)Shell B Wrote: Ha! Idiot. He should have waited until you fished out the two quarters to tell the kid. He just lost 50 cents.

Crooks always play on people's sympathies. In my opinion, that is worse than robbing someone. My stepson took a course at his karate dojo in protecting himself from what they called "evil warriors." Haha. Most of what they taught him was to get an adult to help if someone is in trouble because "evil warriors" will pretend to be injured.

You know what? I felt so bad for the kid getting scolded, I actually wanted to give him the quarters.
[Image: 6121710308_8a5303c7dd_o.png]
Is there a 'Thieves Guild' in West Philly?? Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When will Trump announce his 2024 Presidential bid? Jehanne 8 808 July 28, 2022 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why Did Dante Title His Work The Divine Comedy? Rhondazvous 10 3223 August 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why do we put up with this? Drug/adds OP ED Brian37 19 2265 April 21, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Finally got his autograph!! SofaKingHigh 24 4568 October 26, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Help TRJF name his NEW KITTY!!!!! TheRealJoeFish 52 4438 September 20, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Idiot blew his leg off KUSA 59 6078 March 29, 2016 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Drug Policy TheMonster 60 6276 July 14, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Alcoholics Anonymous and Drug Addiction AceBoogie 73 11889 November 4, 2014 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: AceBoogie
Photo where does his other arm go?? leodeo 60 7486 May 2, 2014 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: No_God
  drug stereotypes salamenfuckyou 11 2396 April 15, 2014 at 11:54 am
Last Post: paulpablo