Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious.

When reading the Bible, the facts show God as setting a ransom for forgiving man. That ransom was Jesus. God then sets the conditions to have Jesus murdered. Thus is how all sins, for all of eternal time, are forgiven. God does not do anything half way. After all, He would not want to break his own word and sin again.

Eze 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psa 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him.

Father God screwed up and he is having his son Jesus bear the iniquity that he himself created. An insane act.

No sane God would waste a son so needlessly. This is obvious I think to most.

This is the conclusion that one must come to, if we make Jesus part of the Trinity. This is unacceptable, as God would not murder his son.
This kills the Trinity notion.

Otherwise, God Goes straight to hell for murder.

As above, so below. The believers duty is to follow God’s example. The first commandment.

If you would NOT do such, ( murder your own son ), and you are of the Abraham religions, then you are not a true follower. You have placed yourself above God.

Rather a catch 22.

The genocide of Noah’s day would also be an example of God profiting from murder. At a wholesale price. It boils down to God having a reality that he did not like, to a position of God having a reality that he liked better. Strangely, some even say that God does not change.

The God that I know does not work that way.

If your God does, and you follow this God, you should question why you do.

To follow your God, you would have to be willing to kill your own children, as well as use genocide on the rest of mankind, as you follow an unfathomable, impossible to understand, alien God.

How does that make you feel?

Poorly I hope. Does it make you want to trade in your God for a new and improved model?

One who will not ask you to go insane with him. All that just because he found something that he did not create. Iniquity. This, God had to learn as he had not known it was in him.

Regards
DL
RE: God. Profit from Murder and Genocide? Get serious.
(September 29, 2011 at 12:40 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Does it make you want to trade in your God for a new and improved model?
You... do realise you're on a forum intended for atheists... right?
lol, Yeah, you wont get a lot of traction unless you put "evolution" or "evidence" in your OP. Then the fundies will come out of the holes in the walls. Give it a go sometime.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 29, 2011 at 12:49 pm)Welsh cake Wrote:
(September 29, 2011 at 12:40 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Does it make you want to trade in your God for a new and improved model?
You... do realise you're on a forum intended for atheists... right?

Yes.
And showing those with social conscience how it is done.
A good atheist taught me how and I thought I would pass it on.
A great free thinker.

Regards
DL
(September 29, 2011 at 1:07 pm)Rhythm Wrote: lol, Yeah, you wont get a lot of traction unless you put "evolution" or "evidence" in your OP. Then the fundies will come out of the holes in the walls. Give it a go sometime.

Time will tell my friend.

Is the conclusion logical and sound?
Don't just be a pretty face. Speak.

Regards
DL
I'd say that attempting to draw a logical or sound conclusion from an illogical and unsound premise is going to be pretty rough work. If one were to swallow the koolaid, we'd only be arguing over interpretation and context wouldn't we? Which is exactly what we see over and over again. If you wish to maintain that your god is kinder, or somehow more morally upright than anyone elses, in reality, not just as an idea....you'll have to provide evidence for your own god.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I profited from murder once.
Cunt
Don't even get me started on that, it's depressing..lol.
Quote:
(September 29, 2011 at 1:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I'd say that attempting to draw a logical or sound conclusion from an illogical and unsound premise is going to be pretty rough work.

Is it not said that men of intelligence can discuss issues that they do not believe in?
Quote: If one were to swallow the koolaid, we'd only be arguing over interpretation and context wouldn't we?

Our choice.

Quote: Which is exactly what we see over and over again. If you wish to maintain that your god is kinder, or somehow more morally upright than anyone elses, in reality, not just as an idea....you'll have to provide evidence for your own god.

This was not supposed to be about my notions of God.
All discussions of God, in terms of existence and fathomable-ness, are speculative at best and nonsense at worst.
Analyzing the morality shown may be fruitful though.

But the God you follow, God as a set of moral rules, also exceed the moral position of the genocidal God. Does it not?

Would you use genocide as a form of justice?

Regards
DL
Quote:That ransom was Jesus

Um, wait. God = jesus...or so most of the morons think. Doesn't that mean he held himself hostage?

Reminds me of this scene from Blazing Saddles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catholic churches profit under COVID PPP brewer 19 1388 February 23, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I am about to ask a serious but utterly reprehensible question Astonished 105 19931 March 23, 2017 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Christianity actually condones murder Rolandson 50 10145 January 21, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  A serious question for theists dyresand 35 4956 November 12, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4818 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  I don't get God's logic at all ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1940 June 2, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Serious moral question for theist. dyresand 30 7392 September 1, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  [extremely serious]The Truth Behind Christianity. Stephanie113 5 2220 August 19, 2015 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why So Serious? Servatum 11 2516 November 5, 2014 at 5:50 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
Exclamation serious question dyresand 59 7646 October 30, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Lek