Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Hamilton receives a message from God!
Josh Hamilton receives a message from God!
In case you're wondering why God isn't healing the blind or making paralyzed people walk, it's because he's spending his time watching baseball games.

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archiv...-id-h.html

If you believe Josh Hamilton, "God" told him that he would hit a homer! Too bad "God" isn't telling world leaders how to live peacefully together. Or telling researchers how to find a cure for cancer. But then, I guess a baseball game is more important.

Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
RE: Josh Hamilton receives a message from God!
Well, going by gods track record it's looking like a safe sideline to bet against that homer.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
God is a huge sports fan. He loves the rich and corrupt and couldn't give a fuck about the poor or the seriously ill.
Nice guy eh?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Hamilton's batting average is .298.

I'll bet that when 'God' lets Hamilton know he's going to hit a homer, 'God' is right about 3 times out of 10. Coincidentally the same as his batting average.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Quote:he's spending his time watching baseball games.

I'm sure 'god' put a couple of bucks on the series with his bookie.
Hamilton's Head as he walks to the plate:

"whew... I sure hope I hit a homerun. I sure want to. You know, I feel pretty good today ... I bet I could hit one. I haven't hit one for awhile ... I'll bet I'm due. God, I wanna hit one. Come on god, how bout it? I'm thinkin I can do this. Come on god! I think god WANTS me to hit this thing outta the park. You know what ... I KNOW he does!! Come on Josh - hit that mother F-er! Come on god ... lets do this thing!"

[CRACK!]

Hamilton's Press Release later that day:

"God TOLD me that I was going to hit a homerun."
[Image: Evolution.png]

BTW, Texas lost the game.
lmao ... I know - it's so awesome, god was nice enough to hook you up with a homerun, but yeah, the overall victory wasn't meant for you.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I have to wonder why God never told him to stay away from drugs and alcohol when he was younger....
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(October 28, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Thor Wrote: In case you're wondering why God isn't healing the blind or making paralyzed people walk, it's because he's spending his time watching baseball games.

Well you can't expect god to be everywhere.
(Oh wait...)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 4022 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  whats the message? fojo 4 1039 November 14, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: fojo
  A friendly Christian sent me a message JesusLover1 83 16086 March 2, 2014 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  a must read message george23 20 8377 March 7, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Chris F
  The Power of the Message. TheDisciple 41 13990 April 13, 2010 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Loki_999