Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 2:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowspiracy
RE: Cowspiracy
(November 6, 2015 at 8:40 am)dyresand Wrote: Sure blame the cows and their shits and farts it's not like burning gasoline is the problem.

And that way of thinking fucking stupid we are cause of global warming.

No one is suggesting that burning fossil fuels (along with pollution put off by industry) aren't also major contributing factors, but many people are starting to acknowledge those factors and DO SOMETHING about them. Leaving the ethics of torturing and murdering animals on a mass scale out of it, people who are overall conscious of their environmental impact and take steps to reduce that impact REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE that their eating beef 3 meals a day is ALSO a major contributing factor to human cause climate change/overall pollution of the planet.
[Image: 08.jpg]
(November 6, 2015 at 9:19 am)MentalGiant Wrote:  Leaving the ethics of torturing and murdering animals on a mass scale out of it,
-good, because that's not a part of livestock production.  Were you under the impression that it was?  
Quote:people who are overall conscious of their environmental impact and take steps to reduce that impact REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE that their eating beef 3 meals a day is ALSO a major contributing factor to human cause climate change/overall pollution of the planet.
It isn't...so I guess there's always that........................gl working around it for your cause.  

Say it with me "I'm not comfortable killing animals/I don't like the way meat tastes".  All well and good, carry on. "Meat is ruining the environment" - nope.  "Meat is torture and murder" -nope.  

@Kitan, Tofu is delicious.  Or at least it can be, if people let tofu be tofu and stop trying to make it a "meat substitute".  Moderation though, that shit aint good for you.  It's not particularly healthy as a meat substitute.
Dirty little secrets, eh?

@Dyre, how betrayed would a vegan feel if they found out that their advocacy has been co-opted by oil interests, and whored out for profit, do you imagine?  Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
wrong, and deleted.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
For some reason, every time i hear or read 'tofu' (toe food), the first thing that always pops into my head is, 'toe jam'.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy