Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2024, 3:25 am

Poll: Meditation
This poll is closed.
Yes, I meditate regularly
16.67%
1 16.67%
Yes, but I only meditate occasionally
16.67%
1 16.67%
No, I do not meditate
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you practice Meditation?
Do you practice Meditation?
More specifically, how effective do you find it, what specifically do you do[if you feel like sharing]?
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Do you practice Meditation?
My wife is a Buddhist of the atheist variety and meditates regularly. I occasional join in for moral support.
I don't do it very often anymore, but I still sometimes do it.
I find it fairly ineffective if it has any effect at all.
Seriously, a Weekly Yoga session is better then a Daily Meditation Session.
Just my 2 cents.
I use weed. Does that count?
(December 1, 2015 at 12:17 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I use weed.  Does that count?
Oh my god that's the best type of meditation!
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 1, 2015 at 12:19 am)Heat Wrote:
(December 1, 2015 at 12:17 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I use weed.  Does that count?
Oh my god that's the best type of meditation!

In that case, I'm meditating right now. Bong
I do from time to time. I fin it pushes bad stuff aside. Kind of restructures the content in my brain so I can focus better and be less stressed.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I've tried it but I don't get it. I don't know if I was doing it wrong or doing it right but it had a different effect than I thought it should have or what.

I haven't tried it again since college.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I do mindfulness, which is pretty similar. Does that count for this poll? It's about taking myself away as far as possible to a totally peaceful and happy place. I've found that more effective than clearing my mind entirely.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Can't do it. My mind goes crazy. It's tough enough controlling myself when I have something else to focus on, sitting still not doing anything is a torture