Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 5:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delicate Offers a Truce
RE: Delicate Offers a Truce
(December 26, 2015 at 5:37 pm)Delicate Wrote: A lot of atheists are mad at me. Perhaps for good reason- I've been a bit of a meanie-poo.

But a part of me also feels justified in acting all rambunctious and feisty because that's how I was treated early on without justification.

But I'm willing to set all that aside and start afresh. Clean slate and all.

Is this something we're all amenable to?

No, get lost forever,  Then we would be even.
(December 26, 2015 at 7:30 pm)Easy Guns Wrote: I don't understand why there needs to be a thread for this.

If you're really so desperate for people here to like you, maybe try just behaving in a way that people like?
This is a communal experience. It represents a public address. Individual niceties are witnessed by some individuals and not others, and there isn't a unified response one way or another.
(December 26, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Delicate Wrote: You can say no, and I will stop.

If you mean posting here at AF, "no".
(December 26, 2015 at 7:08 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 6:36 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Irrespective of everything.

We know you are unintelligent, rude and disrespectful.
I'm pretty sure you won't change.

I don't believe you are being a troll.
I think that your attitude is genuinely who you are.

That's the saddest part .....for you.
If you genuinely want to prove your sincerity, them just piss off.
Are you willing to accept the possibility that you are mistaken about me?

I would welcome it.
The best thing you can possibly do is prove me wrong.

But when you reply back to others saying I'm trying very hard not to fall back to how I was, tells me you're capable of dishing the shit out, but not very good at receiving said same.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 26, 2015 at 7:41 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 6:10 pm)Delicate Wrote: You can say no, and I will stop.

If you mean posting here at AF, "no".
^this kind of impaired reading comprehension easily leads to unserious responses on my part because someone who reads my post and comes to this conclusion tends to appear deeply unintelligent.

And yet, given my pledge, I should be gentle, even with persons like this. Wow. Now that's what I call a challenge.
Little Bo Peep has lost his sheep....
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 26, 2015 at 7:08 pm)Delicate Wrote: Are you willing to accept the possibility that you are mistaken about me?

There are many kinds of wrong. There's the totally fake kind and then there's the misunderstood kind. To name only a couple of endless possibilities of being wrong.

Maybe I would consider being wrong if you just stepped from the high horse for a moment to answer the question I have asked for a dozen times already. What do you actually believe?

So far, as Simon and Garfunkel put it, there's only the sound of silence. Which makes me think, I'm not wrong in assuming you're either a fake or someone so absorbed in jerking off in front of a mirror that you really think to be fit to sit in judgment of others.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 26, 2015 at 7:42 pm)ignoramus Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 7:08 pm)Delicate Wrote: Are you willing to accept the possibility that you are mistaken about me?

I would welcome it.
The best thing you can possibly do is prove me wrong.

But when you reply back to others saying I'm trying very hard not to fall back to how I was, tells me you're capable of dishing the shit out, but not very good at receiving said same.

Oh please I love the feisty back and forth. It's far more fun than this boring straightlaced gig.

If I'm doing it, its because I don't want to hurt people. People who might be vulnerable beneath their tough-guy exteriors. Evie was an example. I wasn't helping her any.

I want to strive and make the world a better place. And what way to start than with my own behavior.
(December 26, 2015 at 5:37 pm)Delicate Wrote: A lot of atheists are mad at me. Perhaps for good reason- I've been a bit of a meanie-poo.

But a part of me also feels justified in acting all rambunctious and feisty because that's how I was treated early on without justification.

But I'm willing to set all that aside and start afresh. Clean slate and all.

Is this something we're all amenable to?
Fuck off.
I'd be far more inclined to be friendly to you if you hadn't started a 'LOOK AT MEEEEEEE' thread about how you're being all mature and extending the olive branch. As it stands, I will let your future behaviour decide how I treat you.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Atheism based on evidence, offers spiritual fulfillment Nobody 11 5224 March 2, 2013 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax