Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 26, 2024, 6:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delicate Offers a Truce
RE: Delicate Offers a Truce
User error created hiccup.
(December 27, 2015 at 9:32 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 9:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You're funny.
And I'm stunning to look at too.

That would be a good start toward earning our trust. Post a picture in the photos thread. Then you become a "real" person, a member of the group, instead of a faceless set of letters (Delicate is, of course, a pseudonym, unless your mother was really angry with you post-delivery!) free to troll us from behind the veil of complete anonymity.

Just a suggestion.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(December 27, 2015 at 9:35 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Delicate Offers a Truce.

Whateverist turns him down.

(This should be a thread in which we all talk about ourselves in the third person.)

Jenny thinks talking about yourself in the third person is rather passive aggressive.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(December 27, 2015 at 9:47 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 9:32 pm)Delicate Wrote: And I'm stunning to look at too.

That would be a good start toward earning our trust. Post a picture in the photos thread. Then you become a "real" person, a member of the group, instead of a faceless set of letters (Delicate is, of course, a pseudonym, unless your mother was really angry with you post-delivery!) free to troll us from behind the veil of complete anonymity.

Just a suggestion.

Or simply start a very much belated introduction thread. Who are you?  What stripe of theist are you?  Where do you live?  How old are you?  Married?  Interests?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(December 27, 2015 at 9:34 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 9:26 pm)Delicate Wrote: Thanks for the substantive, non-emotional response.

In another thread, someone made a list of the threads I started. You might find it, as well as my responses illuminating.

As for where I am coming from, I make no positive claims about the existence of God. I don't mind if people are atheists. My problem is the application of bad reasoning in defense of atheism or against theism.

You are absolutely, positively wrong on (4). We can discuss it is you like.

As for the rest, I'll respond when the time is right.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-38331-page-43.html     Thread #428
Is my reasoning hypersensitive and absurd, folks?   AF folks can chime in, I readily admit when I'm wrong.

Thanks for being open minded to ask for others' opinions.
(December 27, 2015 at 9:47 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 9:32 pm)Delicate Wrote: And I'm stunning to look at too.

Just a suggestion.
That's a lot of investment to make given all the rejection I've faced even after offering this truce.

But we'll see.
Aww, you poor thing.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Delicate: actions not words.

Demonstrate you have changed instead of promises alone, they'll look empty. And be patient.
(December 27, 2015 at 8:34 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 8:27 pm)abaris Wrote: I'm utterly convinced, this is a troll. So why should he/she/it do any of the above? There are only two possibilities. A real idiot with feelings of grandeur, who's still got enough brain cells to assume, we would laugh in their face, if their origin was reveiled. Or a troll, who can't even come up with a half convincing coverstory.

You mean this one from their profile?

Quote:I used to be an apatheist.

Then I heard Richard Dawkins speak, saw how ridiculous he was and I became a born-again Christian.

I don't see too much ground between idiot and troll either.  How a reasonable human being gets from "Richard Dawkins is ridiculous" to "ergo, I'm a born-again Christian" is a mystery, even if we grant the premises as true.

"Forum Logician and Philosophy Enthusiast", my ass.

There little that's funnier than the self-anointed ... especially in the field of philosophy.

(December 27, 2015 at 9:32 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 9:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: You're funny.
And I'm stunning to look at too.

So is balut. What's your point?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Atheism based on evidence, offers spiritual fulfillment Nobody 11 5223 March 2, 2013 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax