Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's clothes?
RE: Women's clothes?
(January 17, 2016 at 5:04 pm)Losty Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:05 pm)bennyboy Wrote: What the heck happened to this thread while I was sleeping?

I think reality is this: on an individual level, you wouldn't really expect ANY man to lose control of himself in response to certain clothing or behaviors.  However, on a statistical level, we know for sure that certain clothing and behaviors will raise a woman's risk of being raped.

If it makes anyone feel better to blame the rapists, that's fine.  They are out of control monsters.  But we know they exist, and as sad as that is, that's a reality of the human species.  All the justified blame in the world won't serve as a very effective barrier against a drunk monster's penis.  But staying home, dressing conservatively, and meeting guys only at your local church probably will reduce risk a lot.

Funny. I lost my virginity by being raped by a youth pastor at my church. I guess I was doing it wrong.
That's horrible. Indeed, the acts of man are not solution contingent on the acts of another. Greed is an fd up thing.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
(January 17, 2016 at 4:16 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: Everyone pops is PM'ing me saying that I am lying about him, did I say anything about him that was not in line with what he was posting?
Mr. Indeed...

How old are you?

You made assertions about me personally. I can go back and find what I am referring to if you like.

Peace

(January 17, 2016 at 5:15 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 5:04 pm)Losty Wrote: Funny. I lost my virginity by being raped by a youth pastor at my church. I guess I was doing it wrong.
That's horrible. Indeed, the acts of man are not solution contingent on the acts of another. Greed is I fd up thing.

Peace

I wasn't dressed provocatively, I never ever dressed provocatively. I didn't hang out with non Christians. I went school. I went to church. I wasn't promiscuous.

He didn't rape me because I was so irresistibly sexy. He raped me because when he looked at me he didn't see a 16 year old young woman, he saw a thing that he could control and over power. And he didn't rape me because he was a man. Men don't go around raping people. Rapists, regardless of gender, are sick delusional people. No man would ever rape a woman because of the way she's dressed, either he's a rapist and he would have raped her regardless or he's not a rapist and he wouldn't rape her even if she got naked and humped his leg.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(January 17, 2016 at 3:49 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Holy smokes, this thread just went from very bad, to worse....

I'm glad I'm married to a man who doesn't have these types of sentiments. Good lord.

Are you sure?  Aren't you the one that thinks He wired us this way?
(January 17, 2016 at 5:01 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 4:42 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: I'm pretty sure women are still getting raped in conservative countries which encourage modest dress. Statistically, it's believed that rape happens more in the West. I don't believe that's necessarily true, I think it's just that women in the West have more of a voice and position to report it and press charges when it happens. I'd imagine the actual rate it happens it about the same in every country.

But at any rate, you're conflating nudity with "wanting sex". Why does nudity always have to be sexual? People can be naked or only "half-dressed" for any number of reasons; comfort, self-expression, a political statement, swimming, bathing, breast feeding. Just because a woman is naked it doesn't necessarily have a sexual context.
The general self expression of a female, half dressed indeed is one of strong sexuality on some level.
Bold by me

But not for men? Or is it just that your dick only gets hard for women?

This is the double standard in society. As a man, I can go outside right now and take my top off and not be judged for it, perhaps beyond "Jeez he must be freezing!" since it's January. It's not assumed I want sex, it's not assumed I'm promiscuous, the most people will think is that I'm a bit crazy because it's cold.

A woman can't do the same without everyone simultaneously flinching and gawping in such a childish and petty manner. She's accused of harlotry, of showing off, told to cover up in case an out of control savage rapes her.

Whatever your opinion is on nudity,don't have a double standard about it. Either react the same way to male nudity or tolerate nudity for everyone. You can't selectively have one standard for male nudity and another for women.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(January 17, 2016 at 3:56 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 3:50 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote: It is absolutely ridiculous, it's hard to believe some of these people are even real.

Agreed. Luckily, I don't think this is normal men's thinking. I used to live by the beach when I was a kid, and then again for a few years as an adult. I can assure anyone here that I have never seen a man at the beach acting like anything other than a normal human being, despite all the nearly naked women walking around.

They had to concentrate in order not to sprout wood under their speedos.   They were probably mentally reviewing the lifetime averages of various baseball players.
(January 17, 2016 at 5:23 pm)Losty Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 5:15 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: That's horrible. Indeed, the acts of man are not solution contingent on the acts of another. Greed is I fd up thing.

Peace

I wasn't dressed provocatively, I never ever dressed provocatively. I didn't hang out with non Christians. I went school. I went to church. I wasn't promiscuous.

He didn't rape me because I was so irresistibly sexy. He raped me because when he looked at me he didn't see a 16 year old young woman, he saw a think that he could control and over power. And he didn't rape me because he was a man. Men don't go around raping people. Rapists, regardless of gender, are sick delusional people. No man would ever rape a woman because of the way she's dressed, either he's a rapist and he would have raped her regardless or he's not a rapist and he wouldn't rape her even if she got naked and humped his leg.
I wasn't implying anything but my sorrow for you and disgust for the act perpetuated by a monster of greed.
He will be judged for his actions, I assure you.

I agree with what you are saying.

I think the way someone presents themself affects the outcomes towards them. Not in all cases in any way, yet still, at times.

(January 17, 2016 at 4:08 pm)*Deidre* Wrote:
(January 16, 2016 at 8:27 pm)MTL Wrote: Aww, that's sweet.

I'm glad you like my posts, because they're long as fuck.

Brevity is not my strong suit.

I'm surprised no-one has ever said this to me, yet:

[Image: 15323731.gif]

but you write well, so it doesn't appear wordy...if that makes sense.  Cool

If it makes you feel any better MTL I tended to write much longer posts when I first arrived.  You just have to change your approach away from essay format to postcard format.  (I too appreciate your thoughtful posts.)
(January 17, 2016 at 5:23 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 3:49 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Holy smokes, this thread just went from very bad, to worse....

I'm glad I'm married to a man who doesn't have these types of sentiments. Good lord.

Are you sure?  Aren't you the one that thinks He wired us this way?

What the ef, whateverist.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 17, 2016 at 5:25 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote:
(January 17, 2016 at 5:01 pm)popsthebuilder Wrote: The general self expression of a female, half dressed indeed is one of strong sexuality on some level.
Bold by me

But not for men? Or is it just that your dick only gets hard for women?

This is the double standard in society. As a man, I can go outside right now and take my top off and not be judged for it, perhaps beyond "Jeez he must be freezing!" since it's January. It's not assumed I want sex, it's not assumed I'm promiscuous, the most people will think is that I'm a bit crazy because it's cold.

A woman can't do the same without everyone simultaneously flinching and gawping in such a childish and petty manner. She's accused of harlotry, of showing off, told to cover up in case an out of control savage rapes her.

Whatever your opinion is on nudity,don't have a double standard about it. Either react the same way to male nudity or tolerate nudity for everyone. You can't selectively have one standard for male nudity and another for women.
No double standard. We are talking about rape which is predominantly a male crime.

More assumption about me personally, as if this wasn't a debate but some trial on me.

Technically, I personally think clothing is needed for protection from the environment. If there was no greed then there would be no shame. No necessity for clothes but expression and, as stated, protection from the elements/habitat.

Peace

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legitimate women's rights issues Lemonvariable72 50 7769 October 30, 2015 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Men and Women equal? No, never. ideologue08 131 42277 May 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh