Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 5:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brainstorm
RE: Brainstorm
(February 1, 2016 at 3:36 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: EP, I think some of these all-in-one threads you've started aren't really a great idea.  Rather than having one brainstorming thread for all situations requiring brain storming, isn't it better to go on organizing threads by topic into various sub-forums?  It makes it easier to search for relevant past topics for one thing.

I'd recommend starting a new thread for each topic you'd like to brainstorm.

Sometimes discussions can take us in surprising directions. This thread is meant to circumvent that and be a place where minds can meet at anytime for a quick debate/discussion about the current issue, whatever it might be.

It's not my intention that everyone dumps every other thread and comes here to talk about it. I actually envision only a few people at a time talking here, and not necessarily about what is being talked elsewhere on the forums. How is that bad?
Here, you are dear

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(February 1, 2016 at 3:36 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: EP, I think some of these all-in-one threads you've started aren't really a great idea.  Rather than having one brainstorming thread for all situations requiring brain storming, isn't it better to go on organizing threads by topic into various sub-forums?  It makes it easier to search for relevant past topics for one thing.

I must have misread the OP. I genuinely thought the whole thread was supposed to be brainstorming ways to get rid of all religion.

0/10

(February 1, 2016 at 3:39 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:

Sometimes discussions can take us in surprising directions. This thread is meant to circumvent that and be a place where minds can meet at anytime for a quick debate/discussion about the current issue, whatever it might be.

And how does that get you anything we don't already have in separate threads.  (It kind of feels like you're setting up your own forum within the forum.  I got to tell you, mods aren't going to let you dictate what goes on in your thread any more than you do in any other.
(February 1, 2016 at 3:39 am)Losty Wrote: Here, you are dear

This is about religion, not an objection to how I envisioned we talk about things, which the OP is mainly about. My question was only so it could kick off the conversation.
Quote:And how does that get you anything we don't already have in separate threads.  (It kind of feels like you're setting up your own forum within the forum.

I think you're looking at it the way you want to. Also, I've edited my previous reply to you, please read that as well - it might answer some of your questions.
Quote: I got to tell you, mods aren't going to let you dictate what goes on in your thread any more than you do in any other.

I am doing exactly the opposite of that. I wonder how you failed to see that.

In any case, all of your objections are kind of irrelevant. I'm not breaking any rules. If people like the idea, hopefully they'll try it out. I have repeatedly said I'm not trying to control the conversation, which OPs are notorious for doing(well, not in this case). The original poster does control the conversation to a certain extent, in that he tells you what you'll be talking about in his thread. Well, here, you'll be talking about whatever everyone else is talking about, but the main theme of it is ideas/dilemmas. How is that like the entire forum exactly?
(February 1, 2016 at 3:46 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(February 1, 2016 at 3:39 am)Losty Wrote: Here, you are dear

This is about religion, not an objection to how I envisioned we talk about things, which the OP is mainly about. My question was only so it could kick off the conversation.

So......you're saying you do not want us to respond to the question in the OP? Wtf do you want then. You made an OP, I have responded to your OP with a genuine question and this is not good enough? Are we all supposed to submit our own things to brainstorm? I don't get it.

0/10

(February 1, 2016 at 3:39 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: It's not my intention that everyone dumps every other thread and comes here to talk about it. I actually envision only a few people at a time talking here, and not necessarily about what is being talked elsewhere on the forums. How is that bad?

It's not bad, in and of itself.

It's just your vision for what a thread should be is not in any way binding on other members of the forum. Your continued whinging about it not going the way you want it to is tiring and needs to stop. You are not in control of the direction a thread takes.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 1, 2016 at 3:53 am)Losty Wrote:
(February 1, 2016 at 3:46 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: This is about religion, not an objection to how I envisioned we talk about things, which the OP is mainly about. My question was only so it could kick off the conversation.

So......you're saying you do not want us to respond to the question in the OP? Wtf do you want then. You made an OP, I have responded to your OP with a genuine question and this is not good enough? Are we all supposed to submit our own things to brainstorm? I don't get it.

You're not supposed to do anything. You can certainly talk about the topic I introduced, but don't expect me to necessarily engage you. Which I didn't do for reasons I already mentioned(but didn't have to), by the way.
(February 1, 2016 at 3:53 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(February 1, 2016 at 3:39 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: It's not my intention that everyone dumps every other thread and comes here to talk about it. I actually envision only a few people at a time talking here, and not necessarily about what is being talked elsewhere on the forums. How is that bad?

It's not bad, in and of itself.

It's just your vision for what a thread should be is not in any way binding on other members of the forum. Your continued whinging about it not going the way you want it to is tiring and needs to stop. You are not in control of the direction a thread takes.

This is what I've been saying all along. I fail to see how I've been trying to force people to agree with me. I've done the exact opposite and yet you still find reasons to raise this objection with me. I can't understand why.