Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 21, 2024, 1:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists dominate in France.
Atheists dominate in France.
Whew!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographi...ism#Europe

France is an educated country full of educated people; eventually, "come one, come all" is the likely scenario here. As with a horse race, there will always be a "fast horse," the thoroughbred, quarter horse, etc., who gets out of the gate first, perhaps or perhaps not, to be passed later on down the track. As with France, where, of course, is "the needle" moving, toward religion or away from it? The answer is clear, away from religion. What is occurring in France will occur elsewhere; that's inevitable.
RE: Atheists dominate in France.
In my country, Austria, 59 percent register as arreligious. So it's already happening. To my knowledge, only the US is still majority religious when it comes to the western world.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
And of the US religiousites, if you factored out the slackers, posers, wannabees, charlatans, frauds, and exploiters, we would be leading the pack.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 20, 2016 at 11:17 am)abaris Wrote: In my country, Austria, 59 percent register as arreligious. So it's already happening. To my knowledge, only the US is still majority religious when it comes to the western world.

From the Wikipedia article, only 12% of Austrians are atheist.
(February 20, 2016 at 11:33 am)Jehanne Wrote: From the Wikipedia article, only 12% of Austrians are atheist.

Irreligious, according to Gallup. Meaning, they don't identify with any denomination. And sorry, it's 54 in 2014, not 59.
(February 20, 2016 at 11:33 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(February 20, 2016 at 11:17 am)abaris Wrote: In my country, Austria, 59 percent register as arreligious. So it's already happening. To my knowledge, only the US is still majority religious when it comes to the western world.

From the Wikipedia article, only 12% of Austrians are atheist.

Is a areligious synonymous with atheist?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 20, 2016 at 11:34 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Is a areligious synonymous with atheist?

It's irreligious. I mistyped. And it covers the whole branch between not being interested in any denomination to atheism.
I need to learn French properly someday.
Not today obviously. That would take effort. Ick.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(February 20, 2016 at 11:42 am)abaris Wrote:
(February 20, 2016 at 11:34 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Is a areligious synonymous with atheist?

It's irreligious. I mistyped. And it covers the whole branch between not being interested in any denomination to atheism.

I like the 3-category approach cited in the Wikipedia article.  Really covers all of the bases, IMO.
So 40 % in France are atheists. That's wonderful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2255 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet