Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 8, 2024, 5:46 am

Poll: Do you vote Donald Trump?
This poll is closed.
Abstention
4.20%
5 4.20%
NO
77.31%
92 77.31%
YES
18.49%
22 18.49%
Total 119 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vote Donald trump!?
RE: vote Donald trump!?
(February 28, 2016 at 7:02 pm)IATIA Wrote: I believe the Presidency to be the least important branch.  Congress is where the efforts should be focused.  Trump cannot do much damage without the backing of Congress and the Supreme Court.  And congress can do just as much damage as they have in the past, regardless of the President.

Trump would break the train of lawyers and politicians and in the long run, it might be a good thing.  American politics was never intended to be a career choice, but rather a representation of the people.

You have a point. Personally, I'm looking at SCOTUS appointments. If Democrats win the POTUS election this November, that battle will be over. We'll have the the SCOTUS won for decades.

Another of my big things is foreign policy. I'm a little conservative here, concerned about keeping America strong. But Shrub LIED about intelligence data to get us into the needless invasion of Iraq. That cost of north of a TRILLION dollars and made the world MORE dangerous. It was one of the stupidest moves of any American Presidents of all time. I thought I'd never live to see anything stupider than Jimmy Carter allowing Fidel Castro to ship Cuba's worst prisoners to Miami but Shrub's idiotic invasion of Iraq probably beats it.

The bottom line is that the President has a lot of power - enough to fuck things up for generations in just one term.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
vote Donald trump!?
(February 28, 2016 at 5:43 pm)abaris Wrote: So, I gather, it's not a tool for you, but something else. Unless you had a home invasion by a whole company that is.

It was only one person. Chas is a bad shot so he needs pure volume. [emoji23]
(February 28, 2016 at 7:21 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: The bottom line is that the President has a lot of power - enough to fuck things up for generations in just one term.

More importantly, they can fuck up the whole world for decades. Shrub gave a splendid demonstration of that happening. That's about the only reason I'm at all interested in the American elections.

I'm not a fan of Hilary, since I think, she will just deliver more of the same. But Dump would be a clear and present danger and a nuclear disaster waiting to happen.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(February 28, 2016 at 7:54 pm)abaris Wrote:
(February 28, 2016 at 7:21 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: The bottom line is that the President has a lot of power - enough to fuck things up for generations in just one term.

More importantly, they can fuck up the whole world for decades. Shrub gave a splendid demonstration of that happening. That's about the only reason I'm at all interested in the American elections.

I'm not a fan of Hilary, since I think, she will just deliver more of the same. But Dump would be a clear and present danger and a nuclear disaster waiting to happen.

I'm an American so I don't have the perspective of a foreigner worrying about what Hillary would do on the world stage. It's still an important issue to me though. I think of myself as a citizen of humanity rather than as a citizen of a particular country. I do think America remains the most important country in the world at this time because of a combination of progressiveness and power. I actually like Trump's message of making America great again because I feel we have lost something very important in our industrial base. You can't be great if you aren't at the forefront of building things.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Trump would do on the world stage because he cannot possibly be elected President. This country is diverse. You can lose one particular demographic but only to a point. Trump is so hated by Hispanics, he doesn't have a chance. Additionally, the black community loves the Clinton's. White males will favor Trump by a large margin (I'm ashamed to say, being a white male) but it will not be enough to overcome his deficits with blacks and Hispanics. Fear Rubio rather than Trump. Rubio has a very realistic chance of winning the general election. Trump has no chance at all. I just hope our Republican crazies don't figure that out in time.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 28, 2016 at 8:28 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(February 28, 2016 at 7:54 pm)abaris Wrote: More importantly, they can fuck up the whole world for decades. Shrub gave a splendid demonstration of that happening. That's about the only reason I'm at all interested in the American elections.

I'm an American so I don't have the perspective of a foreigner worrying about what Hillary would do on the world stage. It's still an important issue to me though. I think of myself as a citizen of humanity rather than as a citizen of a particular country. I do think America remains the most important country in the world at this time because of a combination of progressiveness and power. I actually like Trump's message of making America great again because I feel we have lost something very important in our industrial base. You can't be great if you aren't at the forefront of building things.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Trump would do on the world stage because he cannot possibly be elected President. This country is diverse. You can lose one particular demographic but only to a point. Trump is so hated by Hispanics, he doesn't have a chance. Additionally, the black community loves the Clinton's. White males will favor Trump by a large margin (I'm ashamed to say, being a white male) but it will not be enough to overcome his deficits with blacks and Hispanics. Fear Rubio rather than Trump. Rubio has a very realistic chance of winning the general election. Trump has no chance at all. I just hope our Republican crazies don't figure that out in time.
Trump will easily win the election.  That's because the only votes that count are the Dem votes in the Blue States and people are sick of the Clintons.
(February 28, 2016 at 8:28 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about what Trump would do on the world stage because he cannot possibly be elected President.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of a general electorate. Nationalism and bigotry are selling pretty well these days, not only in America. Obviously even you - at least partly - fall for a slogan that strikes a patriotic nerve but is nothing but hot air from a lower orifice.

What's to make great again about America? It's the most powerful country in the world by a long chalk. How well it's received in the rest of the world depends on it's leadership. Trump would be terrible in an already skeptical environment, thanks to the Bush years and thanks to Obama not following up on his promises. Not entirely his fault, since he pretty much had the whole political system working against him. At least in his second term. Hilary would be received with indifference. She's establishment. So it's pretty much granted that things would stay as they are if she got to power.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(February 28, 2016 at 8:38 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(February 28, 2016 at 8:28 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I'm an American so I don't have the perspective of a foreigner worrying about what Hillary would do on the world stage. It's still an important issue to me though. I think of myself as a citizen of humanity rather than as a citizen of a particular country. I do think America remains the most important country in the world at this time because of a combination of progressiveness and power. I actually like Trump's message of making America great again because I feel we have lost something very important in our industrial base. You can't be great if you aren't at the forefront of building things.

Trump will easily win the election.  That's because the only votes that count are the Dem votes in the Blue States and people are sick of the Clintons.

Well go ahead and vote for Trump in the primary. I'll buy you beer.

Albert Einstein
(February 28, 2016 at 8:41 pm)abaris Wrote:
(February 28, 2016 at 8:28 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about what Trump would do on the world stage because he cannot possibly be elected President.

Don't underestimate the stupidity of a general electorate. Nationalism and bigotry are selling pretty well these days, not only in America. Obviously even you - at least partly - fall for a slogan that strikes a patriotic nerve but is nothing but hot air from a lower orifice.

What's to make great again about America? It's the most powerful country in the world by a long chalk. How well it's received in the rest of the world depends on it's leadership. Trump would be terrible in an already skeptical environment, thanks to the Bush years and thanks to Obama not following up on his promises. Not entirely his fault, since he pretty much had the whole political system working against him. At least in his second term. Hilary would be received with indifference. She's establishment. So it's pretty much granted that things would stay as they are if she got to power.
America has never been great so it can't be "great again".  It's been influential but it has never been "great".    It might become great but it's not great now.
(February 28, 2016 at 8:42 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(February 28, 2016 at 8:38 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Trump will easily win the election.  That's because the only votes that count are the Dem votes in the Blue States and people are sick of the Clintons.

Well go ahead and vote for Trump in the primary. I'll buy you beer.
I'm a Bernie nut.
vote Donald trump!?
(February 28, 2016 at 9:31 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: I'm a Bernie nut.

[Image: dd12fc98ceff57225a7afadbe4553ea3.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 6182 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 5934 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1576 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1992 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 1069 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 9325 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 3144 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1170 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1553 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 933 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate