Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully.....
Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully.....
I am going to be honest with you, as everyone should be honest with themselves.

Most of us are not police, or firemen, or doctors, or pilots, and most of us did not land on the beaches of Normandy.

But all of us would want someone with calm deliberate resolve in the face of a crisis in leadership.

Sully was the pilot who landed the passenger jet on the Hudson river and nobody died. He is also famous for saying, when asked by a reporter, "Did you say a prayer? and Sully responded, "I didn't have time."

I think out of all the endorsements for Biden, this, really is going to get under Trump's skin. 

RE: Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully.....
Cut out the middleman.

Write in Sullenberger..

Smile
(September 29, 2020 at 10:03 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Cut out the middleman.

Write in Sullenberger..

Smile

Um no, sorry, he wasn't nominated. Not going to pull a Bernie/Hillary all or nothing third party vote. Far too many Bernie AND Hillary supporters, did just that, either didn't vote or voted third party. America cannot afford 4 more years of the orange fuckface.

I am going to walk over broken glass and hot coals to vote for Biden.
(September 29, 2020 at 10:10 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Write in Sullenberger..

Smile

Um no, sorry, he wasn't nominated. Not going to pull a Bernie/Hillary all or nothing third party vote. Far too many Bernie AND Hillary supporters, did just that, either didn't vote or voted third party. America cannot afford 4 more years of the orange fuckface.

You may be the only one who took OLB's post seriously. Hehe

Perfect triple feature:

"Sully"
"Captain Phillips"
"Greyhound"
Humor is as foriegn to him as GPS is to a hamster...

Panic
(September 29, 2020 at 10:10 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Write in Sullenberger..

Smile

Even though you didn’t get the joke, you should at least be aware that a write-in doesn’t have to be nominated.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I doubt that Trump will give a rat's ass about that ad. What in his history would make anyone think he was impressed by saving lives.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Nothing, but all of trumps history speaks to the fact that he has no skin to get under. That he's a giant open wound that takes immense offense to the slightest real or imagined insult, and requires handlers to keep him from losing his shit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 29, 2020 at 1:30 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Nothing, but all of trumps history speaks to the fact that he has no skin to get under.  That he's a giant open wound that takes immense offense to the slightest real or imagined insult, and requires handlers to keep him from losing his shit.
If he has handlers, they really suck at their job.  By now they should have put him in a straight jacket and perhaps added a large ball gag.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

He's the worst possible client, for sure. No matter how carefully the message has been crafted and no matter how well they've all stuck to the line and kept him under control, an even though they desperately require the maintenance of such and such..... he could start riffing at a hate rally and blow the whole thing to pieces in a single sentence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 3765 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4605 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1317 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 865 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7329 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 679 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Vote Blue, no matter who Foxaèr 45 2691 February 9, 2020 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Prime Time
  Vote Blue No Matter Who! Foxaèr 18 1313 June 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Who Would You Vote for, Trump or Saunders? Rhondazvous 61 5154 June 26, 2019 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Athene
  And......this is why I don't vote Foxaèr 44 3945 November 8, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok