Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 8, 2024, 6:32 am

Poll: Do you vote Donald Trump?
This poll is closed.
Abstention
4.20%
5 4.20%
NO
77.31%
92 77.31%
YES
18.49%
22 18.49%
Total 119 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vote Donald trump!?
RE: vote Donald trump!?
(March 7, 2016 at 4:13 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(March 3, 2016 at 8:40 am)abaris Wrote: Why?

One problem that might be an issue is how much welfare money goes towards illegal immigrants.

How much welfare can you claim if you are an illegal immigrant? Surely being illegal you wouldn't want to let the authorities know so how would an illegal immigrant actually claim it? An illegal immigrant would come to America to work for lower wages because no income tax is paid.
(March 7, 2016 at 6:54 pm)abaris Wrote: Cheiney has a lesbian daughter, but by all accounts, they're not getting along well.

But, as for the general problem. This, as everything when it comes to atheism, is a much bigger problem in the USA than anywhere else in the Western world. We have an openly atheist president at the end of his second term. Not as powerful as the US office, but he still got elected by a landslide because he's a decent guy. And that's saying something, considering my general opinion of politicians. Berlin, for about a decade had an openly gay mayor, as had Hamburg or Paris. The German liberal party, not to be mistaken for the American definition of liberal, had an openly gay chairman for over a decade, who even made it to being vice chancellor in a conservative administration.

Thats because the rest of the sane world isn't held hostage by a bunch of fear mongering assholes. Would be nice if our allies could convince more here to ditch pandering to the worst in us.

You know what I have suggested in the past, instead of having a vice president on the same ticket, the loser becomes vice president. That way it is like a death spiral if one fucks up both go down and both parties get blamed. But even with that, you don't know the implications as to how something new can get manipulated, in the end every aspect of society, be it political business or religion are still run by humans.
(March 7, 2016 at 7:22 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 4:13 pm)paulpablo Wrote: One problem that might be an issue is how much welfare money goes towards illegal immigrants.

How much welfare can you claim if you are an illegal immigrant? Surely being illegal you wouldn't want to let the authorities know so how would an illegal immigrant actually claim it? An illegal immigrant would come to America to work for lower wages because no income tax is paid.

I am sure many are living in "dont ask dont tell", but especially with hospitals, if someone is bleeding to death I really wouldn't give a shit about their status, they are still human beings. But yea, to think everyone that comes here is a criminal is stupid, if you didn't wait in line, and you know what you might have to go back to is far worse, you'd be stupid to raise eyebrows. 

But again, every nation has hospitals and prisons. I have no doubt if America suddenly had another great depression worse than both our great depression and great recession and Canada was ok or better, we'd flee North. Humans will always migrate to where they think there are better resources and where they think most likely they can live more stable and be free from violence.
Quote:I doubt he had it his entire presidency. I think everyone around him would have said something, especially his doctors if they thought he was that far gone.

Not a chance.  Too much money was being stolen while that b-grade actor read his lines.
(March 7, 2016 at 4:13 pm)paulpablo Wrote: One problem that might be an issue is how much welfare money goes towards illegal immigrants.

No income tax is paid true, but even a housewife who gets an allowance or a teen or college student who buys things with the money given to them pays tax on the products they buy. Even without income tax, imaging how much revenue, for both business and government would be lost in sales tax and profit if 11 million humans were suddenly gone.

Again, that is not to say I am against all deportation, but the way the GOP frames it, is simply bat shit insane. I simply think our government needs to do a better job getting businesses to do a better job paying EVERYONE livable wages, stop allowing big business to ship jobs overseas, stop allowing the uber rich tax shelters, and also help Mexico lift their economy so less people want to come here.

Republicunt bullshit aside, very little.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/eco...ion-myths/

Quote:Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

BTW, Clinton was president when that law was passed.
vote Donald trump!?
(March 7, 2016 at 7:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I doubt he had it his entire presidency. I think everyone around him would have said something, especially his doctors if they thought he was that far gone.

Not a chance.  Too much money was being stolen while that b-grade actor read his lines.

You voted for him.
(March 7, 2016 at 7:25 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 6:54 pm)abaris Wrote: Cheiney has a lesbian daughter, but by all accounts, they're not getting along well.

But, as for the general problem. This, as everything when it comes to atheism, is a much bigger problem in the USA than anywhere else in the Western world. We have an openly atheist president at the end of his second term. Not as powerful as the US office, but he still got elected by a landslide because he's a decent guy. And that's saying something, considering my general opinion of politicians. Berlin, for about a decade had an openly gay mayor, as had Hamburg or Paris. The German liberal party, not to be mistaken for the American definition of liberal, had an openly gay chairman for over a decade, who even made it to being vice chancellor in a conservative administration.

Thats because the rest of the sane world isn't held hostage by a bunch of fear mongering assholes. Would be nice if our allies could convince more here to ditch pandering to the worst in us.

You know what I have suggested in the past, instead of having a vice president on the same ticket, the loser becomes vice president. That way it is like a death spiral if one fucks up both go down and both parties get blamed. But even with that, you don't know the implications as to how something new can get manipulated, in the end every aspect of society, be it political business or religion are still run by humans.

Remember this:  politicians don't give a rat's ass about the average person in his bailiwick.  It's all about him and what he can get for himself.
(March 7, 2016 at 7:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 7:22 pm)Mathilda Wrote: How much welfare can you claim if you are an illegal immigrant? Surely being illegal you wouldn't want to let the authorities know so how would an illegal immigrant actually claim it? An illegal immigrant would come to America to work for lower wages because no income tax is paid.

Republicunt bullshit aside, very little.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/eco...ion-myths/

Quote:Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

BTW, Clinton was president when that law was passed.

Sorry but you've blown both of your legs off on this.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/us-cuba-welf...story.html

"More Cubans are coming to Florida in their golden years to retire, able to tap U.S. government assistance even though they never lived or worked here.

The number of Cubans arriving over the age of 60 grew fivefold since 2010, according to state refugee data. At least 185 made the crossing in their 80s or 90s.

Unlike most other immigrants, Cubans qualify immediately for food stamps and Medicaid. If they are over 65 with little or no income, they also can collect a monthly check of up to $733 in Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

Golden years: Cubans retire to Florida
Cubans’ special status has enabled an increasing number of elderly to retire to the U.S. with taxpayer support. The number of Cubans immigrating after age 60 and eligible for refugee assistance in Florida has increased fivefold since 2010.

*Data is for fiscal years ending Sept. 30; 2015 data is through Aug. 31 only.
Source: Florida Department of Children and Families
“They’re getting cheap apartments, food stamps,” said Cuban-born attorney Pedro Fuentes-Cid of Tampa. “They tell their friends in Cuba, and they come over.”"

If Trump says that he will end that BS he's got my vote.

First thing, illegal immigrants being a burden on government sanctioned assistance is a complete misnomer. They're ineligible. To take advantage would require falsification of documentation and if anyone thinking that 'natural born' citizens aren't the biggest waste in this area are deluded. 

I don't have the exact figures, but almost 48% of the U.S. population pay zero income tax. I'll assume for the sake of argument that most illegal immigrants have a gross income that would put them in this category. How then does 'no income tax' become a rallying cry for xenophobes? Ignorance and stupidity I say. This of course doesn't account for the false social security numbers set up that illegal immigrants pay into and can never hope to recover.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 6182 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 5934 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1576 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1992 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 1069 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 9325 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 3144 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1170 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1553 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 933 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate