Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 8, 2024, 7:59 am

Poll: Do you vote Donald Trump?
This poll is closed.
Abstention
4.20%
5 4.20%
NO
77.31%
92 77.31%
YES
18.49%
22 18.49%
Total 119 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vote Donald trump!?
RE: vote Donald trump!?
(March 7, 2016 at 8:01 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 7:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Not a chance.  Too much money was being stolen while that b-grade actor read his lines.

You voted for him.

Once.  That dumb fucker put me off republicunts for the last 32 years.  The only republicunt I have voted for since was McCain in the 2000 NY Primary and that was only because he was running against that utter piece of human shit, Bush.

On the way out of the polling place I re-registered as a democrat.
(March 7, 2016 at 9:13 pm)Cato Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 7:22 pm)Mathilda Wrote: How much welfare can you claim if you are an illegal immigrant? Surely being illegal you wouldn't want to let the authorities know so how would an illegal immigrant actually claim it? An illegal immigrant would come to America to work for lower wages because no income tax is paid.

First thing, illegal immigrants being a burden on government sanctioned assistance is a complete misnomer. They're ineligible. To take advantage would require falsification of documentation and if anyone thinking that 'natural born' citizens aren't the biggest waste in this area are deluded. 

I don't have the exact figures, but almost 48% of the U.S. population pay zero income tax. I'll assume for the sake of argument that most illegal immigrants have a gross income that would put them in this category. How then does 'no income tax' become a rallying cry for xenophobes? Ignorance and stupidity I say. This of course doesn't account for the false social security numbers set up that illegal immigrants pay into and can never hope to recover.

Again, not paying income tax does not mean not paying tax at all. If that same 48% that pays no income tax suddenly stopped buying anything at all, not only would the government lose sales tax, but the businesses would lose profits.

Now if the current estimate of illegals is 11 million, just that sudden lack of revenue to businesses and sales tax to the government would be jarring if not fatal to the economy.

It is physically impossible to remove that many people all at once even if I agreed. But beyond that it is still inhuman to me to send non violent humans back to places where they might starve or get murdered from violence or war or get arrested by the governments they fled.

I only agree that violent humans get deported, and if we have to deport non violent humans we still need to make sure where they go back to they can be stable. What's the point in sending someone back to instability, it will just produce more instability. 

People think in terms of borders, but this planet is not a infinite line that we can expand on. It is globe and we all live on this globe.
vote Donald trump!?
(March 7, 2016 at 10:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Again, not paying income tax does not mean not paying tax at all. If that same 48% that pays no income tax suddenly stopped buying anything at all, not only would the government lose sales tax, but the businesses would lose profits.

Now if the current estimate of illegals is 11 million, just that sudden lack of revenue to businesses and sales tax to the government would be jarring if not fatal to the economy.

If it's so good for our economy, why don't we move all of them here. Why stop there? Let's move everybody in the world here. Economy fixed.

Quote:It is physically impossible to remove that many people all at once even if I agreed. But beyond that it is still inhuman to me to send non violent humans back to places where they might starve or get murdered from violence or war or get arrested by the governments they fled.

We can give them an AK47 to take back with them. They can clean their own country up.

Quote:I only agree that violent humans get deported, and if we have to deport non violent humans we still need to make sure where they go back to they can be stable. What's the point in sending someone back to instability, it will just produce more instability. 
How is it our responsibility? Mexico is not our country. They can police themselves.

Quote:People think in terms of borders, but this planet is not a infinite line that we can expand on. It is globe and we all live on this globe.
It's not the prehistoric times anymore. We have boundaries that must be protected. It's not that they don't belong. It's just that they don't belong here. Life isn't always fair.
(March 7, 2016 at 3:50 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(March 6, 2016 at 2:59 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Again, using IQ and intelligence interchangeably is itself fallacious.

I'm saying it's one of the many indicators I showed.  All of the many websites saying IQ tests don't measure intelligence don't usually say they don't indicate any form of intelligence at all.  Obviously you disagree with what I see as being indicators.

It's a single indicator. Using the two terms interchangeably is a category error.

(March 7, 2016 at 4:01 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(March 5, 2016 at 3:38 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm certain it has nothing to do with the fact that they're ... um ... nonwhite.

I didn't see this post when you first posted it so that's why I'm replying to it a bit late.  No, being non white has nothing to do with it.  The countries which exhibit most signs of being highly intelligent as I've said, are non white countries, South Korea, Japan, parts of China.  So this post was fallacious even if it was masked with sarcasm.

Fair point. But i wonder how much of this statement is tinged with the cultural stereotypes prevalent in the UK? How many Koreans do you have vs how many Somalis? How might any disparity affect attitudes in British culture, and might not those attitudes have insinuated themselves into your thinking?

(March 7, 2016 at 10:29 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 10:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Again, not paying income tax does not mean not paying tax at all. If that same 48% that pays no income tax suddenly stopped buying anything at all, not only would the government lose sales tax, but the businesses would lose profits.

If it's so good for our economy, why don't we move all of them here. Why stop there? Let's move everybody in the world here. Economy fixed.

And now you know why politicians allow immigration even when they say that they don't. Because it boosts the economy and makes their job easier.
(March 7, 2016 at 8:23 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 7:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Republicunt bullshit aside, very little.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/eco...ion-myths/

Sorry but you've blown both of your legs off on this.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/us-cuba-welf...story.html

"More Cubans are coming to Florida in their golden years to retire, able to tap U.S. government assistance even though they never lived or worked here.

The number of Cubans arriving over the age of 60 grew fivefold since 2010, according to state refugee data. At least 185 made the crossing in their 80s or 90s.

Unlike most other immigrants, Cubans qualify immediately for food stamps and Medicaid. If they are over 65 with little or no income, they also can collect a monthly check of up to $733 in Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

Right, so you've taken one exception to the rule, Cubans, and applied it to what someone said about all immigrants.

This is so blatantly intellectually dishonest. You have not even tried countering the point that all other immigrants are not able to access welfare.
(March 8, 2016 at 3:38 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 8:23 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Sorry but you've blown both of your legs off on this.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/us-cuba-welf...story.html

"More Cubans are coming to Florida in their golden years to retire, able to tap U.S. government assistance even though they never lived or worked here.

The number of Cubans arriving over the age of 60 grew fivefold since 2010, according to state refugee data. At least 185 made the crossing in their 80s or 90s.

Unlike most other immigrants, Cubans qualify immediately for food stamps and Medicaid. If they are over 65 with little or no income, they also can collect a monthly check of up to $733 in Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

Right, so you've taken one exception to the rule, Cubans, and applied it to what someone said about all immigrants.

This is so blatantly intellectually dishonest. You have not even tried countering the point that all other immigrants are not able to access welfare.
The point is that Cubans shouldn't get a free ride when millions of natural born American citizens are getting screwed.  Every dollar that the bleeding hearts give to a Cuban commie should go toward treating wounded vets or repairing failing bridges.  We don't owe them a damn thing.
(March 8, 2016 at 4:07 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(March 8, 2016 at 3:38 am)Mathilda Wrote: Right, so you've taken one exception to the rule, Cubans, and applied it to what someone said about all immigrants.

The point is that Cubans shouldn't get a free ride when millions of natural born American citizens are getting screwed.  Every dollar that the bleeding hearts give to a Cuban commie should go toward treating wounded vets or repairing failing bridges.  We don't owe them a damn thing.

And how will building a wall on the Mexican border help with that?

That's why we're talking about immigration in the first place.
(March 7, 2016 at 6:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm)Constable Dorfl Wrote: I honestly don't think you can ascribe intent to a man with Alzheimer's.

I doubt he had it his entire presidency. I think everyone around him would have said something, especially his doctors if they thought he was that far gone.

But it does make you wonder what got affected late in his second term. When exactly was he diagnosed with it?

Crap, I am perfectly healthy and sometimes forget where I put my keys.

You'd be surprised. We didn't realise that my aunt had it until five years after the first symptoms. Alzheimer's is a very insiduous condition, the problems often seem minor until its well advanced.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 6182 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 5934 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1576 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1992 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 1069 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 9325 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 3144 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1170 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1553 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 933 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate