Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 12:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(April 12, 2016 at 2:47 pm)Evie Wrote: Like I said, homosexuality used to be considered a disorder and it obviously isn't anymore. If the Mayo Clinic still consider transgenderism a disorder they haven't caught up with the times yet.

Not the mayo clinic Modern Psychology.

On the plus side for you they will not deem it a mental illness, to which I asked why, if it indeed fits the definition?
(April 12, 2016 at 3:29 pm)Drich Wrote:
(April 12, 2016 at 2:45 pm)Evie Wrote: That shit deserves its own thread. Where's Min when you need him?

probably trying to find his way home from the mail box.

Ok, credit where credit is due. That was funny. I knew you had it in you.

*Squints and looks around* Now where the hell did I put my reading glasses?
(April 12, 2016 at 2:55 pm)TubbyTubby Wrote:
(April 12, 2016 at 2:33 pm)Drich Wrote: All you have to do now is get the medical community to label religion a mental illness, and we will be 3/4 the way home according to the book of revelation.

Seems the APA agree with you Chird. Not before time either, you can either get some help or keep backing away into that dark deluded corner you call belief. Or cling to that disgusting shite book of Revelation of course.

"According to the American Psychological Association (APA), a strong and passionate belief in a deity or higher power, to the point where it impairs one’s ability to make conscientious decisions about common sense matters, will now be classified as a mental illness."

http://www.thenewsnerd.com/health/apa-to...l-illness/

give it time. pretty soon the defination of "common sense matters" will include anything pop morality stands against. (10 years tops)
(April 12, 2016 at 2:56 pm)Divinity Wrote: The American Psychiatric Association stopped classifying Transgenderism as a mental illness in 2012.  That was fucking four years ago.  I know you like living in the 30's.  And by that I mean the 30's as in 30 AD.  But 2000 years have passed.

holy crap read the OP
(April 12, 2016 at 3:06 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Drich, understand that medical disorder is not license for you to exercise your perceived privilege to discriminate against people, you ignorant slut.

do you have an example of said discrimination?
Treating people with emotional/mental disorder as inherently irrational, damaging to society, immoral or undeserving of consideration or accommodation as members of society. Legitimately delusional people all over the world get their own special buildings where they can go to talk to their respective imaginary friend and no one complains.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(April 12, 2016 at 3:16 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(April 12, 2016 at 2:52 pm)Drich Wrote: Because as I've already pointed out 'law makers' are influenced by the GLBT vote, or at the very least by their buying power, and those they buy from.

My example was with georgia they were due to loose 6 billion dollars in revenue when the film industry threatened to pull out if their version of the Miss/Nc. Law passed.

Which demonstrates that it is not the law makers with the power. Clearly the people of Georgia wanted this law to pass, but the 'law makers' freted over cut funding and folded the will of the people to the will of the corporations. This more than anything should scare ALL of US! If a company like Disney or Film actors guild can threaten and change policy/law what else can they manipulate?

Again My concern is not with the 1%ers. its with the those looking to exploit those laws

In response to the bolded section, so what else is new? Again, a state always has the option of taking the revenue hit if they enact laws that others disapprove of. The governor and congress of Georgia apparently believe they have bigger fish to fry. If the citizens of Georgia are truly aggrieved and motivated to act as a result of their representatives folding in the face of corporate pressure, then they can protest the decision and eventually vote the lawmakers out of office. But let's not be Pollyannas about this. Corporate pressure is a fixture of our political landscape, and its influence has resulted in far more damaging and sinister things than the film industry threatening to pull out of Georgia over LGBT legislation.

It's interesting to me that this particular instance of corporate interests overriding the will of the voters is what gets you in a twist, especially given the myriad examples of truly pernicious corporate meddling one could adduce. Perhaps your concern over corporate influence is a long-standing thing with you, but I can't recall ever seeing you mention it before.

Again you asked why I do not blame law makers as they reflect the will of the people...

My example of Georgia reflects the will of the people being circumvented by law makes for revenue.

Therefore it is not the law makers following the will of the people it is laws being dictated by those who control the money.

Which again should scare all of us because if the money people can influence law then nothing is scared. Not even your precious 'science.'
Tell you what, you can lock up the transsexuals unless we manage to lock up the folks with imaginary friends first. Go!
It's your precious science too, Drich. Or have you gone full 18th Century in your living arrangements?

And if you don't blame the lawmakers, then who do you blame? The corporations? They are legitimate stakeholders in our society and government, just like individual citizens, and are free to move their operations where they wish. If that results in a loss of revenue for a state or locale, from the point of view of the corporation trying to effect some change, tough shit. Yes, the 'will of the people' was circumvented in this case . . . by the elected representatives who rolled over rather than dig in their heels to defend their 'principles'. Telling the film industry to fuck off was always an option. They didn't do that. Not the film industry's fault. That's on the elected representatives of the people.
(April 12, 2016 at 3:20 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(April 12, 2016 at 2:54 pm)Drich Wrote: According to revelation it will be outlawed right before the end. So you have that to look forward to.

Well, fuck Revelation.

One of the reasons you needn't worry about religion being outlawed is that there is a substantial number of people (religious folks and atheists alike) who understand the value of secularism in government and a vigorously defended 1st Amendment.

No need to thank me. But when the shit hits the fan, this atheist will join millions of other atheists to defend your religious freedom.
we are just one or two more 9-11's away from a ban on 'radical religion.' and because you P/C dolts have sold your common sense so that you can put a dress on and wander in the girls bathroom if you want, the term 'radical religion will slowly migrate to include' anything that is not all inclusive, or anything that is not 'P/C friendly.' like i said at the rate we are going.. 10 years tops.