Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Get-Togethers
RE: AF Get-Togethers
Well, I told you to let me know the next time you fly to the US, lovie.

I would LOVE to see you!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 25, 2016 at 10:37 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Thought I'd see if pictures of the garden could lure anyone to visit in Berkeley.  I just rediscovered this blog post of a friend I first made on flickr who I subsequently met because she worked at Annie's Annuals where I buy a lot of plants.  She has gone on to be a professional garden designer.    

Anyhow I think she really has a good eye for shooting a garden.  So even though they are five years old I though I'd share them here.

http://floradoragardens.blogspot.com/201...mment-form

Nice Smile
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(April 25, 2016 at 11:47 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Hard to have a get together in Kiwiland.

Oh .. but the fantasies.
When I was a kid, a beloved family friend expatted to Dunedin to teach bioinformatics at the University of Otago. But that's bloody far south.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(April 26, 2016 at 1:30 am)c172 Wrote: When I was a kid, a beloved family friend expatted to Dunedin to teach bioinformatics at the University of Otago. But that's bloody far south.

That's where a batch of Syrian refugees NZ took in have been sent last week.

Poor bastards have gone from a hot, desert country to a city at the bottom of the South Island just as NZ's winter is setting in.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(April 26, 2016 at 3:43 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(April 26, 2016 at 1:30 am)c172 Wrote: When I was a kid, a beloved family friend expatted to Dunedin to teach bioinformatics at the University of Otago. But that's bloody far south.

That's where a batch of Syrian refugees NZ took in have been sent last week.

Poor bastards have gone from a hot, desert country to a city at the bottom of the South Island just as NZ's winter is setting in.

Think of it this way: They're far more likely to die in a skirmish between the forest elves and the lowland dwarves than in a drone strike in Dunedin; I'll bet that's a trade off they're willing to make. Wink
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(April 25, 2016 at 11:20 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Well, if anyone is going to be in either the Baltimore area or the Philadelphia area, let me know. I'm not too far Smile

To bad I didn't know you in another life. Used to be in King of Prussia on business twice a year and Camden/Cherry Hill each year.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Fair warning being given. Just booked my flight for my trip to see Boise State pound the Beavers.

Will be arriving at PDX on Wed. 9/21, 11:20 pm and flying out again on Monday, 9/26 at 10:45 am.

Hopefully we can arrange some meetups while I'm there. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(April 25, 2016 at 11:47 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Hard to have a get together in Kiwiland.

I've wanted to visit Aus/NZ as long as I can remember. If I ever make it, I'll let you know. Hell, if the overtime keeps up like it has been it may be sooner than I would have believed. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(April 27, 2016 at 1:14 am)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:

I've wanted to visit Aus/NZ as long as I can remember. If I ever make it, I'll let you know. Hell, if the overtime keeps up like it has been it may be sooner than I would have believed. Big Grin

Haven't been to Aus, but NZ is amazing! Big Grin