Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 10:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(May 12, 2016 at 10:26 am)ChadWooters Wrote: So according to you guys the wellbeing of the true victims must be sacrificed on the altar of political correctness.

By victims, do you mean a realistic version or a fantastical version. I know which I am leaning toward.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I think some people still don't understand that this was a change in the law, it wasn't trying to stop a law coming into place. It was addressing a problem that wasn't there. The fact that so many bigots seem to think this was blocking a change rather than making one shows that they are totally oblivious to trans- people using bathrooms all this time.

I'll put my video up again for anyone who still doesn't get it...

Skip to 7:00 where I cover this point.

https://youtu.be/JWyj-EcDkNY
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 12, 2016 at 9:46 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Not sure if you mean the women who lose the shelter if it closes are the 'true victims'.
Yes. Social organizations and charities that are designed to service the needs of very specific populations should not be forced to alter their programs just to conform to the inflexible political agendas of activists. My example could just as easily be a support group for men with sexual addictions. The whole dynamics of these types of programs could be disrupted to the detriment of the people that need those services. Maybe the programs could be redesigned but that's not something that should be forced on them from the outside by politicians, activists and their lawyers.
(May 13, 2016 at 5:39 pm)ChadWooters Wrote:
(May 12, 2016 at 9:46 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Not sure if you mean the women who lose the shelter if it closes are the 'true victims'.
Yes. Social organizations and charities that are designed to service the needs of very specific populations should not be forced to alter their programs just to conform to the inflexible political agendas of activists. My example could just as easily be a support group for men with sexual addictions. The whole dynamics of these types of programs could be disrupted to the detriment of the people that need those services. Maybe the programs could be redesigned but that's not something that should be forced on them from the outside by politicians, activists and their lawyers.

It does seem a bit much to insist that anyone wishing to help some people must be willing also to help other people.  But most likely even if it is a private organization they are getting some sort of public support.  If they accept any public funding, they have to play by the rules.

Besides it just seems creepy to do a genitals check on every woman in need who applies.
Transexuals
(May 13, 2016 at 5:39 pm)ChadWooters Wrote:

You are just as much of a jerk about this issue as Drich is, Chad. I'm actually expected better from you to be honest. Quit covering up your eyes FFS.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(May 13, 2016 at 8:25 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: You are just as much of a jerk about this issue as Drich is, Chad.  I'm actually expected better from you to be honest.  

Really?
(May 14, 2016 at 3:22 am)Mathilda Wrote: Really?

I did, for starters. If for no other reason then for the simple fact that Drich is a mental midget whereas Chad comes over as rather intelligent. Also because of their different believe sets. Chad, by his own admission, subscribes to Swedenborg and they are usually a bunch of tolerant people, interested in learning about the world. As opposed to Evangelicals and their Talibanesque attitudes.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I have a honest question. What is the goal here with this whole bathroom/locker room from the transgender POV?
Transexuals
(May 14, 2016 at 9:52 pm)Drich Wrote: I have a honest question. What is the goal here with this whole bathroom/locker room from the transgender POV?

I don't believe you are capable of asking an honest question, Drich.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
The goal is to continue doing what they were already doing before HB2.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---