Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum?
RE: Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum?
(June 26, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Heatheness Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 5:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Personally, I think all the females on the board should stand up for equality.  

Flop 'em out, societal mores be damned.

Boru

addendum for Heatheness:  THAT was sexist.  Tyvm.

I may be a feminist but I still have an excellent sense of humor. Tongue

Most feminists do.

It's the militant ones who give the rest a bad name.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(June 26, 2016 at 6:00 pm)Heatheness Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 5:52 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Wouldn't it have been more productive if the discussion had taken place more in the general than the specific? It was the insinuations against the Staff that got people's backs up. All that achieved was to derail whatever point you were trying to make.

My questions/requests and the decisions to choose sexism over equality are driven by their authority. My OP was appropriate.

Surely you're not suggesting that people with such an abundance of experience on an internet forum would be so thin skinned to get their backs up over a simple and polite question of authority. None of these people have that kind of insecurity issues. Or at least I've never seen it. YMMV

What if a thread appeared on the subject of feminism but presented in the form of insinuations against you specifically, rather than the subject on a broader scale? Surely you wouldn't be so thin-skinned as to get your back up over a simple and polite question of your position?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
As was made clear in the rules, and has been stressed, repeatedly, in subsequent posts..... the authority in question, from which this rule is derived, would be the laws of the United States, not AF staff.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I dunno about the staff Stimbo. If our female members showed boobies, there would be a hard staff.

Okay, okay, I will grab my coat...
(June 26, 2016 at 6:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 6:00 pm)Heatheness Wrote: My questions/requests and the decisions to choose sexism over equality are driven by their authority. My OP was appropriate.

Surely you're not suggesting that people with such an abundance of experience on an internet forum would be so thin skinned to get their backs up over a simple and polite question of authority. None of these people have that kind of insecurity issues. Or at least I've never seen it. YMMV

What if a thread appeared on the subject of feminism but presented in the form of insinuations against you specifically, rather than the subject on a broader scale? Surely you wouldn't be so thin-skinned as to get your back up over a simple and polite question of your position?

No. I wouldn't . Would you?
(June 26, 2016 at 6:18 pm)Rhythm Wrote: As was made clear in the rules, and has been stressed, repeatedly, in subsequent posts..... the authority in question, from which this rule is derived, would be the laws of the United States, not AF staff.

As I have repeatedly stated, I do not disclaim the law authority that forbids pics of female breasts, only the authority in which it is chosen to enforce the rule unequally between genders. We have the option to enforce the restriction equally. That is not against the rules or the law.
(June 26, 2016 at 6:22 pm)Heatheness Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 6:16 pm)Stimbo Wrote: What if a thread appeared on the subject of feminism but presented in the form of insinuations against you specifically, rather than the subject on a broader scale? Surely you wouldn't be so thin-skinned as to get your back up over a simple and polite question of your position?

No. I wouldn't . Would you?

Were it not to run foul of another of our unfair Rules to call out members (of any gender), I would be interested to see such an experiment.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 26, 2016 at 6:37 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 6:22 pm)Heatheness Wrote: No. I wouldn't . Would you?

Were it not to run foul of another of our unfair Rules to call out members (of any gender), I would be interested to see such an experiment.

I see. So are you trying to provoke me into something, in retaliation. Interesting.

Do you, yourself have thin skin, then? Is that why you seem to be disturbed by my posts?

Edit: I just noticed you're an admin. Sorry, didn't notice it before. Doesn't change my pov or my replies but it does explain why you're trying to provoke me. Again, sorry, I won't oblige that.
Where do I say I am disturbed? Is it your intention to disturb me? See, this is what I meant about taking the subject from the general arena into the specific - it serves little other purpose than to provoke a response; and hardly ever a positive one. Such a discussion can only generate far more heat than light. Hardly productive.
(June 26, 2016 at 6:45 pm)Heatheness Wrote:
(June 26, 2016 at 6:37 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Were it not to run foul of another of our unfair Rules to call out members (of any gender), I would be interested to see such an experiment.

I see. So are you trying to provoke me into something, in retaliation. Interesting.

Do you, yourself have thin skin, then? Is that why you seem to be disturbed by my posts?

Amusedly disturbed am I. Dunno about Stimbo. He is more of a sensible bloke.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues pocaracas 283 33960 July 11, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: bennyboy