Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 1:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question?
RE: Question?
Said it before, I'll say it again - no being that demands my worship is worthy of having it.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(August 20, 2016 at 7:43 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Said it before, I'll say it again - no being that demands my worship is worthy of having it.

Have you experienced a "Godlike" being demanding your worship?
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(August 20, 2016 at 8:03 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(August 20, 2016 at 7:43 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Said it before, I'll say it again - no being that demands my worship is worthy of having it.

Have you experienced a "Godlike" being demanding your worship?

Have you met my wife?  Tongue
(August 20, 2016 at 8:10 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(August 20, 2016 at 8:03 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Have you experienced a "Godlike" being demanding your worship?

Have you met my wife?  Tongue

Hehe
(August 20, 2016 at 7:28 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: I prefer to go by the meanings of the original Greek words: "aionios kolasin"

http://christianspiritualism.org/article...ionios.htm

Matthew 25:46

Probably The Saddest Mistranslation In History. The unfortunate rendering is: "These shall go away into everlasting punishment"

However, the true rendering should be: "These shall go away into age-long pruning" or "These shall go away into age-lasting chastisement"

Etymologically, the words "aionios" and "aidios" possess a perceptible disparity because they have different roots - roots pertaining to "age": aion1, and "for ever": aei - ever, respectively. They are both used to convey the sense of lengthy periods of time, but the inference of "aionios", because it is derived from "age", is different to that of "aidios" because it is derived from "for ever". Even "aidios" with its sense of literal endlessness has been utilised to emphasise a point i.e. that "sinning in knowledge" has far worse consequences than "sinning in ignorance", as can be seen when this word is employed to describe the result of evolved spiritual beings sinning (Jude 6). "Aidios" can impinge upon the territory of "aionios" to emphasise a point, and in this case aidios is as strong a metaphor as can be devised - it is used rhetorically.

This word kolasin means "cutting back with a view to improvement" or "correctional chastisement", which fully describes what happens to the soul in the hells as the soul is purified through suffering before an initial repentance, and after repentance as the poor soul must progressively climb the steep hill to God from the darkness, depending on the depths to which it has sunk, up through the twilight, and towards the ever-increasing Light.

I agree with you.  I believe we'll all be worshiping him together at some point.  It will just take some longer than others to get there; and the process will not be enjoyable for them until the end of it.
(August 20, 2016 at 9:27 pm)Lek Wrote:
(August 20, 2016 at 7:28 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: I prefer to go by the meanings of the original Greek words: "aionios kolasin"

http://christianspiritualism.org/article...ionios.htm

Matthew 25:46

Probably The Saddest Mistranslation In History. The unfortunate rendering is: "These shall go away into everlasting punishment"

However, the true rendering should be: "These shall go away into age-long pruning" or "These shall go away into age-lasting chastisement"

Etymologically, the words "aionios" and "aidios" possess a perceptible disparity because they have different roots - roots pertaining to "age": aion1, and "for ever": aei - ever, respectively. They are both used to convey the sense of lengthy periods of time, but the inference of "aionios", because it is derived from "age", is different to that of "aidios" because it is derived from "for ever". Even "aidios" with its sense of literal endlessness has been utilised to emphasise a point i.e. that "sinning in knowledge" has far worse consequences than "sinning in ignorance", as can be seen when this word is employed to describe the result of evolved spiritual beings sinning (Jude 6). "Aidios" can impinge upon the territory of "aionios" to emphasise a point, and in this case aidios is as strong a metaphor as can be devised - it is used rhetorically.

This word kolasin means "cutting back with a view to improvement" or "correctional chastisement", which fully describes what happens to the soul in the hells as the soul is purified through suffering before an initial repentance, and after repentance as the poor soul must progressively climb the steep hill to God from the darkness, depending on the depths to which it has sunk, up through the twilight, and towards the ever-increasing Light.

I agree with you.  I believe we'll all be worshiping him together at some point.  It will just take some longer than others to get there; and the process will not be enjoyable for them until the end of it.

Lol
"Everyone will worship in my god at some point."

Heh. Not even everyone in your special book worships your god. I'll bring up Lucifer again.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(August 20, 2016 at 9:36 pm)Jesster Wrote: "Everyone will worship in my god at some point."

Heh. Not even everyone in your special book worships your god. I'll bring up Lucifer again.

What makes Lucifer different in terms of worshiping God than any other non-believer?
(August 20, 2016 at 9:42 pm)Lek Wrote:
(August 20, 2016 at 9:36 pm)Jesster Wrote: "Everyone will worship in my god at some point."

What makes Lucifer different in terms of worshiping God than any other non-believer?

How is this question related to the post of mine that you quoted? It seems more related to my previous post.

If I believed that Lucifer existed, I would have to agree with him about not worshiping your tyrant god.
I don't believe you. Get over it.

"Lucifer" is a literary farce perpetrated by Jerome in the Latin Vulgate when he turned a verb into a noun. It was not a proper name and the only place you find it, in Isaiah, is specifically addressed to a mortal man.